Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Krilion posted:

Is that (x)?

That answer is almost always yes.

In this case, however, probably not. Adam Savage has almost never rocked a full beard, only a goatee.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Feb 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Cat Mattress posted:

The situation is looking kind of ominous for Vanna. Did Bennie really convince Don King?

And the idea that this guy is an archon? That seems far-fetched, and not just because he's a guy and all archons seen so far are female.

I agree with Sefer that the line refers to the archon in GK, but I don't think it's her who is saying that line: she's the one who objected to diplomacy and the chief warlord is the one dismissing the idea of using Stanley and claiming there's no alternative than diplomacy. He's telling her he's got a mission for her, basically.

Maybe the that guy is an archon from before Charlie attuned the arkendish, and didn't care for the way he was running things?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

lurksion posted:

I think its more likely Jill initiated attack to capture -> self-defense -> burnt chicken.

This is what happened. Ansom showed up to parley, and Jillian isn't just a backstabber, she's also a facestabber.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Onmi posted:

Same. I actually couldn't finger it until you said it.

Plotwise though, Jillian attacking and capturing Ansom when he came to parley, a violation of the Royal Ideal, is going to be interesting to see how Don reacts. I still think Albert is going to croak Ansom.

it'd be a right proper dust up.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

We saw that the decrypted can Turn. Is Albert going to Turn?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Airspace posted:

When Parson first got the 'go home' spell he asked the bracer if it was possible for him to cast it.

It said 'yes' for a split second before changing its answer to 'no' both times it was asked.

The answer could be that yes he can correctly activate the scroll, but no, some twist of fate would conspire to prevent him from successfully using it.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

Did Rob confirm that he wrote "flexural"? Because it may kinda sorta make sense but it's still a really, really odd word to use.

Given the context of the latest update, it may be that he didn't know the original usage of the word and created it as thinkamancy-speak, like 'praxy' and 'dextry'.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Betelgeuse

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Most importantly, those two corpses represent incontrovertible evidence that Charlescomm is actively plotting against the magic kingdom, which is what the Minds lacked until now.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The only real requirement to be king is that you have more guys with swords that are willing to say that you're the king than there are guys without swords who are willing to insist that you're not the king.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

nimby posted:

There's still that doll running around down there, no? So if Charlie isn't spacing out on the gardening channel he should be aware of some severe shenanigans going down.

I don't think that was Charlie's doll.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Onmi posted:

What I mean is: Does he know that Caeser didn't croak Don?
From a royalist's perspective, his lack of complete obedience for his king led directly to Don's death, so from Albert's perspective, there's probably no meaningful distinction in how that event went down whether or not Caesar did the actual croaking himself.

From Vinny's perspective, it probably doesn't matter who did the killing if he'd known the circumstances of why it happened.

tl;dr I don't think the what matters to anyone involved, and half the parties don't care about the why, either.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 5, 2017

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Onmi posted:

I mean I feel like it matters for Loyalty purposes.

Don was willfully choosing to hand Charlie a game ending victory. I dont
think Vinny would care how the deed happened.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Update: what the gently caress is that?

To quote K6BD, it's magical bullshit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Lucy is my guess.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's not as if there was something as gauche as a group of soldiers called Knights in Stanley's Service in book one or anything.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

nimby posted:

This also kinda spelled it out. If Wanda dies all decrypted will turn into regular Uncroaked.

So.. Isaac is about to end his run, then start a new one as XXX, and finish up as The Lost?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

It's mutually assured construction.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

I'm starting to think that the temples are infant Titans.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

NihilCredo posted:

While the Erfworld forums are still full of die-hard fans going "Whoah - amazing twist!!", I found out that there's an Erfworld thread on the OotS forums and they make this thread look like a friendly source of optimistic feedback:

Just sharing in case anyone else was wondering "is it just that goons are too jaded to enjoy the story, or is this comic actually broken beyond hope?"

The OotS forums are basically the Great Satan according to goons, so if both kind of nerds agree on this it's a pretty strong clue.

A pretty strong clue we should just end the internet.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

yeah, theoretically there's no dying of old age, but realistically that's extremely rare, even for rulers. what's the actual life expectancy of your average erfworld denizen?

I don't think Erfworld has 'average citizens'. You're either a unit attached to a side, a barbarian unit that has to scrounge for upkeep, or you're wildlife.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

lurksion posted:

TBF there were some decent gmod comics a decade ago.

jfc we're old

Concerned and...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Joe Slowboat posted:

Explosive or extractive?

Yes.