Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

:hfive: bruvs be4 luvs
Blue Ruin was a much better movie and it didn't require filming for 8 months in horrendous conditions. That CGI bear was awful and the movie needed to be edited to be way shorter. On the other hand, the opening was dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Ehud posted:

:stare: I felt like the bear scene was one of the greatest technical achievements I've ever seen in a movie.

That's what my friends who saw it with me said. I don't know, it looked horrible to me and it took me right out of the movie. I got the vibe from the movie that it was gonna be very low tech as far as effects go considering he only used natural daylight, and then boom cgi bear, ruined the whole movie for me tbh.

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

caiman posted:

Should've used a real bear I guess.

yea that would've been awesome

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Stare-Out posted:

There were a couple of moments when I found the CGI bear looking like a CGI bear but I think it's only because I was really scrutinizing it in the same way I scrutinize anything I know to be CG. Overall and for the effect it was meant to create it worked fantastically well, I thought, and felt like a real bear enough for me to remain immersed in the movie.

I dunno, I thought Sicario sucked too. Mad Max and Star Wars were the only movies I liked this year. Maybe I am just getting jaded.

edit: I liked Hateful Eight too...

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Judakel posted:

The bear was great. It was unbelievable.

I think I have eye problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubplate Fire
Aug 1, 2010

Darko posted:

The bear scene was awesome. The only way I could see it "looking bad," was if it was seen on a monitor from a rip or something.

It was the mouth...

• Locked thread