Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

They try to promote the strength in coming out as non monogamous but what about the strength of being monogamous? For like 60 years. I knew a couple who celebrated their 60th anniversary. Is tainted with the fear of shame by divorce? Yeah. But aren't these relationships tainted with the fear of commitment?

No you see people who stay married are loving morons because they actually don't act on every impulse to bang every mildly attractive person they see walking around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

http://nymag.com/thecut/2015/07/what-open-marriage-taught-one-man-about-feminism.html

ill just leave this hear. this is the saddest most pathetic person alive. He will probably end up killing his family and then himself.

holy poo poo what an absolute worm

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Got to smack your woman sometimes so their slutty instincts don't take over. Same principle applies to women; smack your man

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also nobody brought up that Lesbians are the dominant group in domestic abuse crimes.

a Poly relationship of lesbians always leads to Summer Slam type situations. All the fighting all the drama, all the broken furniture....and it's free if you live next to them.

ooo tell us stories.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

That was like, the worst Cracked article ever.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, #4 needs a no-knock SWAT team to swoop down on that house, execute all the adults, and take that kid to a better family that won't turn them into a sociopath by the time they're 12.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Ape Fist posted:

Polyamory is the Veganism of the sexual world. i.e. can't stop telling you about it.

veganism seems to benefit a lot more people and animals than this poo poo, as it seems to exclusively benefit the 9 people doing it and absolutely no one else, no lives are saved from it, and so on and so on *wipes nose on pant leg*

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm not gay, but I decided to suck a bunch of dicks for feminism anyway.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

So do they actualy love other people or is it because they want to suck and gently caress 7 different flavors of dick. i can understand people experementing with open marrages or orgies and poo poo. but polystuff almost always ends badly.

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So do they actualy love other people or is it because they want to suck and gently caress 7 different flavors of dick. i can understand people experementing with open marrages or orgies and poo poo. but polystuff almost always ends badly.

they think they do, but they're actually broken, narcissistic individuals incapable of love

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Where is the option for those who want to live as a mad hermit and die alone? Or is that not happy-go-lucky enough? I'm not sure if I'm joking or not.

Most of this poo poo is about people who grew up in communes, or want to make urban communes, but without legally renting or squatting or whatever, so that they have legal recourse if they get in a dispute and their lifestyle is destroyed. They should probably do this poo poo by registering an LLC to buy and manage the household, but they would rather write comic strips about it and get people to change squiggles on pieces of paper.

Clochette posted:

I'm just wondering when the BDSM community is going to take a leaf from the polyamorists' book and start demanding mainstream acceptance.

That happened with the Passion of the Christ. BDSM is actually a backing off from the prior paradigm of widespread domestic abuse, up to and including violence, where there was no safeword, bitch.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

maybe it is us who are the beta cucks

so how soon until millennials follow in their parents/grandparents steps and renounce all their opinions and become devout reaganites

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so like, if my girlfriend expects that I dont gently caress anyone other than her does that mean she is oppressing me?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

so how soon until millennials follow in their parents/grandparents steps and renounce all their opinions and become devout reaganites

eventualy. i doubt they will be as conservative socialy as the reaganites. but alot of them will look back with self loathing and embarrasment at the poo poo they said.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

eventualy. i doubt they will be as conservative socialy as the reaganites. but alot of them will look back with self loathing and embarrasment at the poo poo they said.

This will never happen because you can no longer beat dumb ideas like this out of someone when they're a child. THANKS OBAMA.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Other Barry posted:

they think they do, but they're actually broken, narcissistic individuals incapable of love

pretty much nailed it, i actually tried chatting with a few of these people before and it gets so loving insane so fast

at first i was like hey what's your name and she types back that the profile is for everyone involved in their "community" which is up to like 3 people and 1 retarded person, and that they all have new not legally changed names like emberspirit, storm spirit, and other dota 2 heroes (I'm making the names up because I can't remember their retarded rear end names)

then it just goes on and on, they're against all things ever but instead of trying to change those things they just all live in one smelly apartment and have sex with each other

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Uncle Wemus posted:

maybe it is us who are the beta cucks

When they inherit the oil futures, arms manufacturer stock, real estate, and other capital that depends on GOP policies to produce profits.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

extra stout posted:

pretty much nailed it, i actually tried chatting with a few of these people before and it gets so loving insane so fast

at first i was like hey what's your name and she types back that the profile is for everyone involved in their "community" which is up to like 3 people and 1 retarded person, and that they all have new not legally changed names like emberspirit, storm spirit, and other dota 2 heroes (I'm making the names up because I can't remember their retarded rear end names)

then it just goes on and on, they're against all things ever but instead of trying to change those things they just all live in one smelly apartment and have sex with each other

so they are hippies.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so they are hippies.

Except the hippies all turned into Reaganites so god only knows what these fuckin' freakjobs will be in 20 years.

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

it all just seems so tiring like it's your hobby. i went out with a date with a polyamorous chick two weeks ago and she told me about all the dudes she was loving that week (lots and lots) and she said 'i don't want to intimidate you,b ut i love this orphan guy who is nine inches long six around :)' and i sure was absofruitly intimidated and when i told her i was pretty monogamous she called me a sad boring man living in a box, a lame little bitch. thats my story toot toot

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

most poly people i've met are insanely fat and like the goth/bdsm people theres always a stout fat domineering woman with a tall gangly boy-slave

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Uncle Wemus posted:

most poly people i've met are insanely fat and like the goth/bdsm people theres always a stout fat domineering woman with a tall gangly boy-slave

i remeber talking to a fat girl who was in Gorean stuff. it was weird. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorean

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Do Thai ladyboys count as CIS women because they look like CIS women?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Is it a micro-aggression or macro-aggression to ask people in non-monogamous relationships whether they were molested as kids or come from a broken home? I think I have met maybe 6 or 7 polyamorous people in my life and they were all super hosed up with real mental problems.

Henker
May 5, 2009

So polyamorous people are just narcissistic assholes who need an excuse to gently caress 7 different people at once, right?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Henker posted:

So polyamorous people are just narcissistic assholes who need an excuse to gently caress 7 different people at once, right?

mostly yeah.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
What I'm getting from that comic is that polyamorous relationships can lead to some pretty bad haircuts.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

gleebster posted:

What I'm getting from that comic is that polyamorous relationships can lead to some pretty bad haircuts.

it's my understanding that, when in a polyamorous relationship, your partners pick your haircut and since mpst of them have deep seeded resentments they end up picking some really, really terrible cuts.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Uncle Wemus posted:

It's like Bulk had a sex change and entered into a dom/sub relationship with Skull.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
What's so hard about admitting you're terrified of commitment? Do people really need all this special snowflake vocabulary just to assuage their constant state crippling denial ? It's weird.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Clochette posted:

It's like Bulk had a sex change and entered into a dom/sub relationship with Skull.

status quo has been challenged

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
i hear in both non monog and monog relationships eating floor pizza in the bedroom spices things up

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Clochette posted:

:laffo: do you think that mall cop was like "Just get the gently caress out."

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

haljordan posted:

:laffo: do you think that mall cop was like "Just get the gently caress out."

I imagine him wordlessly just staring straight ahead

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I couldn't finish the comic because I was triggered by cis guy primary's aggressive manspreading

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

haljordan posted:

Everyone and everything is terrible.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Hello, I don't want to read this thread, but I do want to know how this is alike or different from a militia group.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ork of Fiction posted:

Hello, I don't want to read this thread, but I do want to know how this is alike or different from a militia group.

You'd actually invite the militia group into your home.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The militia probably smells better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also nobody brought up that Lesbians are the dominant group in domestic abuse crimes.

a Poly relationship of lesbians always leads to Summer Slam type situations. All the fighting all the drama, all the broken furniture....and it's free if you live next to them.

lesbians put on the best fights its true they bring relationship drama like no other

• Locked thread