Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
What is your Game of the Year for 2015? Mine is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

If you want you can break it down by category or whatever I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
GOTY should go to the goatiest game released that year. Last year it was Goat Sim, this year Undertale should be the GOAT.

Orv
May 4, 2011
On merit: Witcher 3.

On having subsumed my existence the most: Siege.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

GOTY: Bloodborne. Also worth noting that GOAT Dwarf Fortress got some cool updates.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Bloodborne or Witcher III.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Undertale.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Orv posted:

On merit: Witcher 3.

On having subsumed my existence the most: Siege.

This but Siege for both

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Fallout 4 and notable mention to Squad.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
witcher 3 and undertale tied it up for me

honorable mention: bloodborne

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

GTA V PC. Witcher 3 if we're not counting re-releases.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Which game got the largest marketing budget? Because that one.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

xutech posted:

Fallout 4 and notable mention to Squad.

Undertale has more and better dogs than fallout 4, so its obviously a better game. Plus you can pet a dog so hard its head takes off like a rocket.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Metal Gear Solid V for me. Having never been a follower of the series I'm still shocked to be saying this in a year that gave us a new Fallout, but the gameplay in MGSV is sublime and sets a bar for stealth and action games that I doubt will be topped any time soon. A shame we'll probably never see more of it.

Honorable mentions go to Bloodborne and Super Mario Maker.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Witcher 3.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Pillars of Eternity, honourable mentions to Witcher 3 and Undertale.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mercury Crusader posted:

Which game got the largest marketing budget? Because that one.

Fallout 4's marketing is GotY

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Witcher 3

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Scrabble.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Oh, Witcher 3 easily.

"Fortunately", I was laid off shortly after its release so the Witcher 3 became my job for a while. It was a good time. :v:

Look'n forward to the big expansion next year.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I think that as much as I hate almost all of the trends of modern gaming: It owns that you can spend a billion dollars developing cell phone games, another billion doing TV commercials for the soda only available at Target and the shoes only available at Walmart as seen in Fallout 4, and the game of the year is still a game literally called "The Witcher" made by some Polish guys who actually named their company CD PROJEKT.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

extra stout posted:

I think that as much as I hate almost all of the trends of modern gaming: It owns that you can spend a billion dollars developing cell phone games, another billion doing TV commercials for the soda only available at Target and the shoes only available at Walmart as seen in Fallout 4, and the game of the year is still a game literally called "The Witcher" made by some Polish guys who actually named their company CD PROJEKT.

those guys basically decided a long time ago that they don't really give a poo poo if their games sell, they're just going to use the truckloads of cash that GoG generates to make the best games they know how to make because that's really their passion

turns out you can still be good at your passion and that's ok

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I mean, I've never really stopped playing Bloodborne since I got it so

Bloodborne yeah.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man
GOTY: The Witcher 3

Honorable Mention: Pillars of Eternity

Best Game To Throw In the Garbage Where It Belongs: Fallout 4 :smugbert:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Witcher 3

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i am not sure. mine is kinda of a tie between MGS 5 and witcher 3. I liked fallout 4 alot, but it basically feels like a better more refined F3 with more gray factions and tons of fetch quests. not bad at all but not my GOTY.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Life is Strange was my favorite game from 2015. It gave me a lot to think about and I hope that more games like it will be made.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

exquisite tea posted:

Life is Strange was my favorite game from 2015. It gave me a lot to think about and I hope that more games like it will be made.

I want to get into it, but Chloe turned me off to the game alot, it get its her character, but she is such a lovely friend and rear end in a top hat that honestly stopped caring about how lovely her past was. i know she gets better and the rest of the plot is interesting. but ehh.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
witcher 3 even though that drat horse. . . shows how many great games came out this year i guess since i pick game with horse that has roach pathing :horse:

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Dec 29, 2015

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
Earth Defense Force 4.1 for the PS4 is a good game enjoyed by me and dozens of others around the world.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
GOTY: Tales from the Borderlands

GOTY Every year since the original came out: Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition

Waifu of the year: Lighting (Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kerbal Space Program

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Changing my vote to HuniePop

fozzie dunlop
Feb 28, 2008

by exmarx
all of them

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Invisible, Inc.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Bloodborne was one of the only games I remember playing all the way through and beating this year and I don't usually do that so I'll say Bloodborne

Chessmaster 3000
Jul 23, 2008

Jesus this coat is huge. I am swimming in this garish piece of shit.
Nuclear Throne, I think I've played that more than anything else this year.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
MGSV would be GOTY if the game like...ended? I don't know how to articulate.

Undertale.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-BGHhEpk8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Bloodborne.

• Locked thread