Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

If you're interested in trying out hammock camping on the cheap, keep an eye on the Sports section of Woot. They have Yukon brand camping hammocks and rain flies all the time.

Also, if you're on Reddit, there is a whole hammock camping subforum that explodes everytime Woot puts their hammocks on sale.

For Canada, do they not allow any type of tree attachment or would something like Atlas Straps be ok?

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try hammock camping but I really want to. Most of my camping is car camping with friends and family which is more about getting drunk in the woods than communing with nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

On one hand I sort of understand how that could be fun to setup in your backyard for the kids to play in.

On the other hand, jesus that's dumb.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

I'm looking into purchasing my first underquilt. I'm cheap as poo poo but too lazy for DIY.

I was looking at the Snugpak Underblanket but then saw the Snugpak Hammock Cocoon.

Does anyone have any info or insight on one vs the other, pros/cons etc?

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

...and just like that, Yukon Hammocks and rainflys are back on sale at woot.

http://sport.woot.com/plus/yukon-outfitters-hammocks-17?ref=sp_cnt_wp_3

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

I'm partial to Atlas Straps but I'm too lazy to learn proper knots.

You will find that when it comes to straps there's as many opinions are there are options and they all work pretty well.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

Can someone explain 3/4 vs full length under quilt? Other than weight savings, is there some reason you wouldn't want your feet or head insulated from the bottom?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

No clue but Yukon hammocks are on sale again at Woot (and you thought I was kidding when I said they went on sale all the time).

Only this time they have under and top quilts too! So that's new and interesting.

I also saw someone on one of the hammock forums ask about this all in one system from China. The discussion said it was a decent starting point so anyone starting out who is confused by all the different parts and opinions on hammocking could start here and just upgrade as you see fit.

• Locked thread