Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tying to trees is illegal in our parks up here, so it's either tent or tarp unless you're on crownland. Which is boring so no one I know even owns a hammock for backcountry or camping. Even hunters don't bother. Hammocks are just not a thing up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Guest2553 posted:

Aw poo poo I'm moving (back) to Canada soon, what province? A quick google didn't give me anything, but in my bones I feel like the answer is Ontario because they can never leave anything unfucked.

e. or maybe BC.

Alberta. The mountain parks are a world heritage site so regulations are pretty strict.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Nope, we have awesome old conifer forests with no undergrowth but you can't tie to the trees in case they get damaged. It's extremely Leave No Trace up here.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

TouchyMcFeely posted:

If you're interested in trying out hammock camping on the cheap, keep an eye on the Sports section of Woot. They have Yukon brand camping hammocks and rain flies all the time.

Also, if you're on Reddit, there is a whole hammock camping subforum that explodes everytime Woot puts their hammocks on sale.

For Canada, do they not allow any type of tree attachment or would something like Atlas Straps be ok?

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try hammock camping but I really want to. Most of my camping is car camping with friends and family which is more about getting drunk in the woods than communing with nature.

I'm sure many places in Canada just don't give a gently caress, it's just the places I usually go have special rules.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Beds are for squares.

• Locked thread