Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just kickstarted a cool looking tent/hammock hybrid thing from Kammok called the Sunda. I'm pretty excited about it but won't get it until June. Hope it's as cool as it looks.

Editing in a picture:

You can also pitch it as just a hammock without all the extra tent stuff or as an ultra light version of the tent that is essentially just the footprint and the red zippery bits.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

extra stout posted:

Link?

I'm wondering if this is very cool and good, overpriced, or if the rule of hybrid woodworking tools will apply and that much like an adze on the back of an axe it will function worse and more dangerously than an adze and an axe would separately

Not in a position to post a link but I've given all the info you need to find more about it!

I had the same concerns but Kammok seems well respected and early press on the Sunda was positive so I went for it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

OSU_Matthew posted:

I don't know anything about the Sunda, but my buddy bought one of the kammock hammocks, and it's just about the most uncomfortable hammock I've ever been in.

He gave up on it pretty quickly, and picked up a Hennessey all in one instead.

Well that's disappointing to hear. Guess I'll find out! Worst case it seems like a perfectly fine normal style tent.

• Locked thread