Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keykey
Mar 28, 2003

I use a Hennessey hammock as a tent since the last tent I used got rained out whereas it was a traditional. The rainfly gives a certain amount of insulation depending on if it's right down on you as a roof or more open. I also use a Thermarest insulating pad when it's supposed to get colder than 50 degrees outside. The coldest I've slept in while still being completely comfortable is around 19 degrees at night. Also, in a hammock mobility is key, this is why I use a Selk'Bag. Sure they look ridiculous, but they're dual purpose, I don't need any cold weather clothing and it's pretty great to be able to get up and take a piss without freezing your rear end off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread