Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
I've found three mice in my apartment in the past 6 weeks. Today, I started moving stuff to look for holes and found that:

1. My stove has some wiring in a twisty metal tube-like thing of about 3/4- of an inch in diameter that goes into a hole in the wall that isn't sealed, and that hole leaves like a 1/2-inch gap between the metal tube and the wall. Seems big enough for a mouse to slip through.
2. Behind my bed is an uncovered electrical outlet. The outlet works, it just doesn't have a cover, so there's a ton of space and you can easily see into the wall.

Could mice get into through here? Will adding a plastic cover to the outlet prevent mice from getting in through it? And then standard steel wool for the stove hole?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
That's not good news. When putting the cover over the outlet, I think I left a 2-4mm gap between the outlet plug and the opening of the cover, since the outlet sits too deeply within the wall to be flush with the cover. I thought I could pull it forward a bit, but it still kept getting pushed back into the wall when I tried to screw it, so I had to push it all the way in before it would stop moving... But then that means the cover isn't perfect. :/

Any idea how I can keep the outlet from getting away from my screw without pushing it all the way back?

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

When I found mousepoop I sprayed it with a chlorox spray and then letit sit for a couple minutes before wiping it up with a paper towel. Also wore an N95 mask and a pair of rubber gloves. It's really not hard.

• Locked thread