Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Dren posted:

Hi I hope I have done this right and posted this in the right place. Not really a dating question but advice needed

I woke up this morning to a message from my supervisor at work which consisted of a full frontal naked pic – no words or anything. He only has ever sent me work related messages before. We are not friends outside of work.

He sent it at about 2am this morning so maybe he was drunk when he sent it? Or drunkenly sent it to the wrong person? Or just sent it to the wrong person and was sober? But why did he not send a message if it was a mistake. Also I'm pretty sure he's married so I really loving hope he didn't mean to send it to me.

I don’t know how to respond. Do I acknowledge I received it? Pretend it never happened? I’m on vacation from work and don’t return until Monday so I guess by then it could be forgotten about. It is kind of weird and awkward though. It was a picture I really didn’t need to see.

tl;dr: I woke up this morning to a naked selfie from my supervisor at work. Do not know how the gently caress to respond.
"Received and understood. See you on Monday."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Though really I think this is something the OP should be dealing with

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

This might seem like a deja vu to you, but that's because I posted about a month ago, but I forgot what the thread was. But basically I'm posting this because things have gone for the worse and I really badly need advice.

So basically, I seem to only be attracted to girls who are obsessed with The Legend of Zelda like me.

A few weeks ago I met this girl in my class who is very sweet and quite honestly, I feel I might have a shot with her if I put in some effort. And at first I felt like going for it.
However my brain came to its "senses" and figured since she doesn't like Zelda, then she's no good. And I'm honestly really sad by this.

I know I make a big deal out of mentioning Zelda but I think that in general there is a bigger underlying problem. I am a part of a minority since my parents are immigrants in this country and for a few years I've only gone for girls who were culturally similar to me. As in girls who grew up with the same culture and traditions as me. This was a big deal to me and I refused to date outside of my culture. This was by the way completely my desire, my parents never pressured me into this. I feel it was a part of my "identity crisis" that many immigrant kids go through, growing up.

Well, I dated a few girls who were culturally compatible with me however things turned bad and in general I stopped caring for my parents culture so I decided that I no longer wanted to date girls from my parents culture.
However without noticing it, I must have replaced the cultural requirement with the gaming requirement. Now the girl had to share the same passion for Zelda as me since that gaming series meant a lot to me, growing up.

Basically, what I think this is, is me being attracted to girls I have things in common with. And not just any things, it has to be things that mean a lot to me.
But of these requirements have meant that my dating pool is extremely small and honestly, I wish I could stop thinking like this.
But I can't. For instance this girl I met in my class, since we don't have Zelda in common, the fear of later meeting a girl who does like Zelda will result in me getting really jealous and feel like I "settled" when I could have gotten my dream girl, somebody with the same passion in common.
I honestly don't know how to deal with this. It's not just something I can switch off. All I can think about is just meeting a girl who shares the same love for Zelda as me and I feel like that's the only way to get over this.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
I understand anger. I keep my anger suppressed, but it's always there. 15 years of therapy and it's still there, only now I understand it.

My wife and I went to see Star Wars (Outstanding!). She gets the tickets, I park the car. What a freaking nightmare. I drive around and around. Endlessly. If you're not in front of a car pulling out you don't get the spot.

A half hour later I spot daddy and the kids as they leave the theater and I follow them to their parking spot. I'm off to the side with my blinker on waiting for them to leave.

They pull out of their parking spot and I head for it. Until...

Some punks in an Honda Civic try to dive right in. I cut them off, giving them every possible opportunity to hit my new minivan, which didn't happen.

Junior pops out of his pitiful little rice-burner. I pop out of my beautiful new minivan.

Freaking teenage waste products. Now I'm mad. Really freaking mad. I tell the kid that I am willing to die to get that parking spot. Then I ask if he is.

He gets back in his rust bucket, flips me off and drives away.

The truth is that, after driving over 1,000,000 miles in an NYC taxi, I really was prepared to die before I let that putz get that spot away from me.

And to think, I thought Trump supporters are crazy angry.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I got advice for AA but I want OP to go first.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Chris Benoit is a murderer. He killed his wife and child. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Chris Benoit. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always muffin out Chris Benoit as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could muffin to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw wrestling as a means to an end. He was in it for professional wrestling. He was dedicated to being the best professional wrestler he could be, and it showed in the ring.

I wanted to be a professional wrestler since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be a wrestler had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a professional wrestler was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Chris Benoit in a lot of ways. He wasn't a man who was destined to be a WWE champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation wrestler. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest professional wrestlers in history. By 40 years-old.

Chris Benoit was only forty, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the man who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a man could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like MVP, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their voice in the ring, and that that same man could strangle his wife and child only weeks later. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Nancy, and not for their child.

Chris Benoit owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Mondays and Fridays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Chris Benoit is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, drugs, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Chris Benoit was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
Thanks everyone for the advice but I am looking for advice from someone with dating experience like OP which is why I posted in this thread

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

I want to know how skinny is too skinny when it comes to wearing raw denim and attracting a female.

OP, please respond.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dren posted:

Thanks everyone for the advice but I am looking for advice from someone with dating experience like OP which is why I posted in this thread

I've been on a date and I can tell you with full confidence that you need to sever from your boss.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Nolan Orion posted:

I thought this was a pretty dorky topic, talking about what works with women and what doesn't. If you don't like it, report it, and it may be gassed.

Until then, let me introduce myself, and my cocky arrogant internal life, which is cool, I guess.

I am a twenty three female. Great, what of it. Who gives a poo poo, right. But it comes into play in a second.

I've geeked out on dating material for the past six years, because the whole thing about chemistry between any two people, or in a group, really fascinates me, especially so on an internet forums. This place is pretty awesome (okay done, no more dick sucking).

Being a female on a public forums doesn't merit me anything, obviously, so I'm not going to wag my gender about and give you pics and all that stupid needy-girl poo poo.

Okay, the point: flame, bullshit, do whatever, it's free game, but if you want dating advice, try me out, and I'll tell you, from my female perspective what I think about it, or if you ask, I'll even give you what I consider to be advice.

Just a quick background: I've had a wildly successful dating life, so that's why I just want to bullshit about it online. Feel free to do the same, or just bitch because girls are lame and don't like sex.

tl;dr You ask/give advice, and we all hate you or me until it gets old.

quoting for posterity

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
it never gets old, artists can hate on stuff for like years

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

hi liter posted:

This might be the most inappropriate subforum possible for this thread. Nice.

I don't know about that, given the type of people I've seen toting medium format cameras around.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Hello.

Welcome to the Best Thread In Dorkroom.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
ban this sick filth

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
relevant:

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

:thurman:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

gently caress

YEAH

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

gently caress

YEAH

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
guys i dont think the op is coming back to fix our dating problems

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

HookShot posted:

guys i dont think the op is coming back to fix our dating problems

:foreveralone:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

well thanks for being entertaining on my first and probably last trip to this subform at least :shobon:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

well thanks for being entertaining on my first and probably last trip to this subform at least :shobon:

Nah, stick around and hangout. It's fun here

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

Nah, stick around and hangout. It's fun here

This is the chill thread where you can post real bad. I mean not like as bad as you usually do but worse than regular posting.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

On a first date should I be talking about simple things like the exposure triangle or more complicated things like rules of composition and how far right the clarity slider has to go?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If she doesn't follow "sliders to the right" as gospel already you should probably sever

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HookShot posted:

If she doesn't follow "sliders to the right" as gospel already you should probably sever

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Fart Amplifier posted:

On a first date should I be talking about simple things like the exposure triangle or more complicated things like rules of composition and how far right the clarity slider has to go?

women love talking about the nuances of different film stock

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
lol if you dont show up to the date and plunk down a large format camera to show her that you a baller

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

What if the date is literally inside a camera obscura

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
i no joke list owning an 8x10 camera on my tinder profile, life is too short to gently caress people that dont respect your art

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
"this isn't the only thing I own that shoots 8 inches" :smug:

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
If she's not into the Zone System, pull the chute.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if she's into olympus, she'd probably also be into piss.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
The only canon that should be pressed against your face bb is my love cannon

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Wild EEPROM posted:

if she's into olympus, she'd probably also be into piss.

I thought that was Pentax.

Dren posted:

I went through 5 used Pentax bodies that reeked of piss before I gave up on weather sealing and got a Nikon, so yeah, this is a legit concern. There must be a golden shower forum out there recommending pentaxes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's not about the size of your sensor, it's how you use it.

That's what I tell myself anyway.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's not about the size of your sensor, it's how you use it.

Pentax actually displayed a prototype full-frame DSLR a decently long time ago. A prototype that never entered production. Pentax, you were SO CLOSE.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

SoundMonkey posted:

Pentax actually displayed a prototype full-frame DSLR a decently long time ago. A prototype that never entered production. Pentax, you were SO CLOSE.

http://www.pentax.com/en/pentaxff/

2016 is the year of the pentax ff camera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mr. Despair posted:

http://www.pentax.com/en/pentaxff/

2016 is the year of the pentax ff camera

Can't wait for all the folks super happy that they invested an asston of money in glass for a system they were assuming would always be cropped.

• Locked thread