Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

HI FEYD
HI STILGAR

:buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Everyone please welcome Feyd and Stilgar to the Best Thread.

Good names for cats imo

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Everyone please welcome Feyd and Stilgar to the Best Thread.

btw just queued a title change for you to indicate that you are still the arbiter of what is and is not art in 2016

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

The catnip must flow

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

So hey I'm just a lurker but I learn a lot from this sub forum and enjoy reading it. Therefore forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds but would it be possible to get the word "human being" out of the thread title?

Yeah, something sensitive and all that...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

TequilaJesus posted:

So hey I'm just a lurker but I learn a lot from this sub forum and enjoy reading it. Therefore forgive me if I'm overstepping my bounds but would it be possible to get the word "human being" out of the thread title?

Yeah, something sensitive and all that...

It really highlights the steaming pile of poo poo that is the OP though. OP put that in there herself, intentionally, because she's a bad person.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

that's actually a good point

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I cant actually believe someone in tyool 2016 put "fagotry" in a thread title tbh. that's hosed up

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

I cant actually believe someone in tyool 2016 put "fagotry" in a thread title tbh. that's hosed up

well i mean they also somehow didn't notice they were posting in dorkroom instead of e/n so...

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
this is like e/n for idiots

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

8th-snype posted:

this is like e/n for idiots

I thought e/n was e/n for idiots?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

8th-snype posted:

are you as triggered and offended as i am? this is outrageous.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
thanks for changing it soundmonkish

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Pro modding. Pro lurker intervention.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
it's the current year, bigots!

wow just wow

literally can't even etc

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

I think that it is unfair to judge the OP when you don't know her experience. She could have been abused/physically assaulted and for someone to edit the title can be disempowering and potentially re-traumatising.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Ric posted:

I think that it is unfair to judge the OP when you don't know her experience. She could have been abused/physically assaulted and for someone to edit the title can be disempowering and potentially re-traumatising.

Obviously you just a don't 'get' their art, the art of shitposting.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Ric posted:

Good thing she posted a bunch of links to her dumb website so we can get inside her head and find out with such daring and insightful blog articles as

quote:

Why the Future Lies in the Woman
Why She is so Special, so Dangerous

and

quote:

I don't run like a computer--I don't have internal RAM, or a CPU. I have a brain, a heart, some feelings mixed in -- a soul that is way more complicated than any computer. I can create computers, but they can't create me.

and

quote:

Stop conforming to the preset ways the School of Frankfort designed in carefully studied lab tests to justify stereotyping people into categories. If you follow that stereotyping, you are giving away your personal self to a machine-oriented-culture.

And you shouldn't laugh at people being personable and human, who has style, intricacies, and a certain fate because then: you become the worst of them, the oppressors, and the machine culture that's designed and tested and tried, that always responds to stimulae x number of ways every time.

Oh no we're playing right into the machine's master plan :ohdear:

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ok but

can I still get dating advice?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

iSheep posted:

ok but

What did you think" eat poo poo " meant?

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

iSheep posted:

ok but

I'm ready to give out unqualified romantic advice. Shoot.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

8th-snype posted:

What did you think" eat poo poo " meant?

That's pretty bad dating advice.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

hi liter posted:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

Moon Potato posted:

That's pretty bad dating advice.

it just proves that you are willing to lower your standards to parity with anyone who would date you

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

daring and insightful blog articles posted:

January 10, 2016:
Like David DeAngelo said,

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

8th-snype posted:

it just proves that you are willing to lower your standards to parity with anyone who would date you
Yeah, but if you start your date with that you'll never know if you could have gotten away with whiffing some farts or jamming your tongue in a taint. Courtship is a delicate dance.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

iSheep posted:

ok but

Do you want to have sex with very hot models?
Read a David Bailey biography.

Do you want to have sex with very hot models, against their will?
Read a Terry Richardson biography.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

hi liter posted:

I'm a Canon kind of guy and recently I've been seeing a girl who shoots with a Nikon. Should I break it off now before I get hurt or should I be more open minded about that kind of deviancy?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm a Canon kind of guy and recently I've been seeing a girl who shoots with a Nikon. Should I break it off now before I get hurt or should I be more open minded about that kind of deviancy?

It won't work:

Your accessories aren't compatible, you won't be able to mount each others bodies and her buttons are in the wrong place.

Heck, I bet you can't even work out how to turn her on.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Helen Highwater posted:

hetero marriage is illegal now so I would bail

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
she's too good for you. maybe find someone a little trashier like an olympus shooter

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Mrenda posted:

Pro lurker intervention.

Thank you. For my next proposed reform I'll try to get the buy/sell thread a better tag than "poo poo Post."

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

TequilaJesus posted:

Thank you. For my next proposed reform I'll try to get the buy/sell thread a better tag than "poo poo Post."

that tags great though, it's symbol of all the people who have gotten probated in that thread for not reading teh rules

or I forgot to pick a tag when I made it, who knows!

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

TequilaJesus posted:

I viewed the thread tag, hit "Edit", reviewed the available tags, and found none more fitting.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

I viewed the thread tag, hit "Edit", reviewed the available tags, and found none more fitting.

if you edited it to "attention" would mrdespair eat a ban?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

if you edited it to "attention" would mrdespair eat a ban?

I actually checked on this a couple months ago to see if I could be really mean to a serial thread closer and it turns out the answer is "not anymore." It used to be that everything was fine until they tried to edit the thread (like lock or unlock it), then it banned them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

8th-snype posted:

she's too good for you. maybe find someone a little trashier like an olympus shooter

BITCH I'M FABULOUS

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Bought a sigma 17-50 2.8 with vibration control. Now I'll feel bad about never bringing my 35 1.8 or 50 1.8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

TequilaJesus posted:

Bought a sigma 17-50 2.8 with vibration control. Now I'll feel bad about never bringing my 35 1.8 or 50 1.8.

'Sup Sigma 17-50 2.8 with vibration control having buddy!

That lens is the one I almost always use for general strolling about taking (bad) photos if I don't have a specific reason to take something else.

• Locked thread