Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
saw a brix dog
brix by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

dog saw a guy
brix2 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

munch guy, tackletackle, good boy brix
brix3 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

have sleeve
brix4 by Nicholas Kneer, on Flickr

good boy, brix

good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
got new lens.

took pic of sherlock dog.

he detect: it is good.

he is good.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

hi i'm winston and i look hella dramatic on film

Dramatic Winston says bring back the weekend thread

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

DJExile posted:

Shortbus owned and watches down over our shitposts from catte heaven

HookShot posted:

All hail shortbus forever!

xzzy posted:

He is no longer shortbus, for he is now in a place high above all of us. He is angelbus.

torgeaux posted:

The world is not just a little bit worse today, but the sky dogs have a new captain at least.

hail shortbus, today and all days

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
yeah if I have to travel for a wedding or something I bring my laptop and copy the images from the card to the laptop so I at least have 2 copies. Then when I get home everything is immediately transferred to the desktop mirrored RAID.

God even when I come home whooped as gently caress after a 12 hour wedding day at 1am I still transfer that poo poo before passing out.

edit: also I'm grumpy rn because i have to explain to a professional graphic designer that "What size pixels at what resolution DPI?" doesn't mean anything and that's why they're cocking up our digital art

dakana fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 12, 2016

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

spongepuppy posted:

As a graphic designer myself I still struggle to come to terms with the fact that, in 15 years, I have worked with exactly zero other graphic designers who genuinely understand the relationship between pixel size, reproduction size and dots per inch.

she also only works in cmyk and despite me showing her screenshots of histograms and eyedroppers showing exactly how her blackpoint and color conversion is hosed when she gives us web art she still can't get the conversion right or even see it because her "monitor is set up for cmyk"

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
yeah no

their work is... ok. never really takes any creative chances, is very formulaic. I get that we're working within a decently strict brand standard but we had a 19 year old intern come in and do some really nice, creative, solid work - AND he understood this poo poo.

it's a vendor relationship that my coworker (with no graphic design background) has maintained for ~3 years or so and they have a good relationship but gently caress if I want to spend hours explaining the fundamentals of digital graphics to someone we're paying to do digital graphic design for us.

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
graphic designer asked me to send an example finished file so they can look at it and figure out how i'm saving it "what pixel dimensions with what dpi" so i sent a png since png doesn't bother saving dpi in the metadata :unsmigghh:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

quote:

My program does allow me to see the dpi resolution in any format

NO IT DOESN'T
BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST
YOUR PROGRAM IS MAKING IT UP
BUT YOU CAN'T TELL BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT DPI IS

dakana
Aug 28, 2006

quote:

Mine are RGB, but yours were paletted 8-bit. Not sure if that is the difference. Mine were also 300dpi at the correct pixels and yours are 72dpi at the same pixels. I think that may be the difference. So I made these 72 dpi.

WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
i'll post a photo

this is a tripod, super clamp, and magic arm holding a hair dryer because WELP our bathtub leaks

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
guys i'm really proud of the hairdryer in the super clamp i feel like this is going unnoticed

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
it took me a really long time to figure this out, but they're trying to say you can take 25 photos AND 40 minutes of 4k video on 16gb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
wait does that mean I can be the cat? I'm the cat.

• Locked thread