Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
That's a little unfair on Pentax owners. For a start they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

HookShot posted:

how can i shitpost in the landscape thread if I can't get my photos? :(

Take a photo of the LCD with your iphone.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

iSheep posted:

ok but

can I still get dating advice?

Do you want to have sex with very hot models?
Read a David Bailey biography.

Do you want to have sex with very hot models, against their will?
Read a Terry Richardson biography.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Helen Highwater posted:

I'm a Canon kind of guy and recently I've been seeing a girl who shoots with a Nikon. Should I break it off now before I get hurt or should I be more open minded about that kind of deviancy?

It won't work:

Your accessories aren't compatible, you won't be able to mount each others bodies and her buttons are in the wrong place.

Heck, I bet you can't even work out how to turn her on.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

They are adorable.

They are also more technically-minded and charismatic than me.

I bet they take better photos, too.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Just rain here.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

WOODS CLOWN MENACE posted:

turns out she lost a stack of CF cards that had 20-25 shoots on them, and now has to do 25 free reshoots. from the past month and a half. because she had the cards just lying in a pile in her bag for a month and a half and hadn't dumped them yet

Much as I have sympathy for people, you can't help but point and laugh at that

spog
Aug 7, 2004

WOODS CLOWN MENACE posted:

i do not have sympathy for that

if you don't bring your fuckin laptop to the shoot and do it there it should still be the first thing you do when you get home. then ideally your automatic backups start in on it too.

I get the cold sweats during the period between taking the photos and downloading them to my HDD. I don't feel relaxed until I've synced that HDD with my backup HDD.

I could see some old hack getting blasé about it, but surely a newbie would be even more aware of oh who am I kidding

spog
Aug 7, 2004

TequilaJesus posted:

So is this the deadest forum on these dead, gay forums?

It's much like my photographic inspiration: once was great, now dried up.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

dakana posted:

guys i'm really proud of the hairdryer in the super clamp i feel like this is going unnoticed

If you invested in a Gigapan head, you could evenly heat a much larger area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

I'm the guy lying on the ground, taking a photo of the back of the subject's head

• Locked thread