Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
Updated the thread title to make it more clear.

I'm all into backpacking and long hikes but sometimes I like to bring a cooler full of beer and just shoot cans with my slingshot all day while soaking in a river. Most of my car camping experience was back in the midwest (Michigan (upper & lower), Indiana, Wisconsin, Indiana). My favorite place to camp was in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Sturgeon River Campground near Baraga/Sidnaw. We would get the same spot right on the river every year. Usually the 3rd week in October for bird/grouse hunting. Late enough in the season that a fire was mandatory at night and the campground (all of 6 sites) was empty. The nights up there around Oct/Nov are routinely 25-35 degrees, days can be anywhere from 30-50. We've had snow, rain you name it. I usually slept in a tent with exception to last year when I finally bought a 4runner and just slept in the back.

Now I'm out in Seattle so I'm looking forward to camping all year round pretty much.

Verman fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?
I don't usually bring booze hiking but for camping? gently caress yeah.

• Locked thread