Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

I really hope not. Its been a long time since I've seen such an awesome plan for a game. I'd be less worried if this was backed by a major studio and all the money and manpower that comes along with it :/

Space Monster fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It's at least backed by 2 guys with lots of experience in the genre.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Stormgale posted:

I personally am excited on being the only gently caress grinding body crafting so I can make everyone be the hamsters
Are you men.... or mice!?!?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eSporks posted:

It's at least backed by 2 guys with lots of experience in the genre.

of which rates as lukewarm to downright betrayal (trammel, Pre-CU)

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Lastgirl posted:

downright betrayal (trammel, Pre-CU)

Someone on the forums called him out for that and he made a big elaborate explanation of how it happened and how he realizes it was horrid, and basically how Crowfall is his way of apology. We'll see how that shakes out.

Space Monster
Mar 13, 2009

Lastgirl posted:

of which rates as lukewarm to downright betrayal (trammel, Pre-CU)

Which of the two was involved in that? (Breaking SWG)

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I think Lucas is way more responsible than anyone at SOE was for that debacle.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Anyone doing the tests today?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I might do a round or two in the US test.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I'm probably going to pass on this one since I have a bunch of Blade and Soul related stuff to do tonight on account of the new content patch this week. I'm interested to hear if they've made any further improvements though.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Capntastic posted:

Someone on the forums called him out for that and he made a big elaborate explanation of how it happened and how he realizes it was horrid, and basically how Crowfall is his way of apology. We'll see how that shakes out.

Well, this isn't his second chance to 'get things right'. His second chance was implementing the crap system that was in SWTOR, which was shockingly similar to SWG. So I guess he thought the CU was a pretty good idea if he's done it twice now?

Of course he's saying these things now, because they need money in order to do whatever it is that they're doing. They might end up doing something good, they might not. At either rate, I'm not going to blindly give money to two dudes who have consistently implemented bad game designs into MMOs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd like it to be good, but whats telling to me about the type of game they want to create: they won't allow their community to be anything other than a huge hugbox

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also Pann is the shittiest moodiest community manager I've seen in a long time

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The Dregs campaign is actually 100% FFA full loot hugbox

if you win the campaign you just get a picture of Gordon that says YOU'RE WELCOME

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Space Monster posted:

Which of the two was involved in that? (Breaking SWG)

I'm being super glib

but I think Gordon Walton has been unfairly blamed for it in some ways but...

I also think he's got some responsibility to it and he does acknowledge this.

Gordon Walton also agreed that the forums should be paywalled to prevent disingenuous trolls like us flooding it with tears~ :smugbert:

So, I'm treating him with caution. I talked with him on slack once, he's an extremely bright person and super nerdy about it, not very social either so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because I recognize the potential and he knows he sees this too.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

also Pann is the shittiest moodiest community manager I've seen in a long time

I still feel bad sometimes because she's like an old lady who's stuck on AoL or something~

That's my impression of her. Internet culture is lost on her

ttfn~

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Honestly, the hopes of Crowfall resides on Todd himself because he's the Ahab of MMO developers right now, so hot~

Crowfall is his Moby Dick.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
LG gets posting on SA IMO, one of the only people who realizes that a post is a single thought, and then a second thought requires a second post

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Hi. I'm... uh...

help i'm nervous

isthisgamegonnabegoodokbye

Orv
May 4, 2011
:shrug:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Eonwe posted:

LG gets posting on SA IMO, one of the only people who realizes that a post is a single thought, and then a second thought requires a second post
Brevity is the soul of wit, friend

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Trier posted:

Hi. I'm... uh...

help i'm nervous

isthisgamegonnabegoodokbye

most likely no but it promises to be

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

:eonwe:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
^^^ when the gently caress did we get that one?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Pavlov posted:

^^^ when the gently caress did we get that one?

when someone acquired more money than sense

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

when someone acquired more money than sense

I disagree, there are many worse ways money can be spent

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
so I bumped the old guild recruitment thread on crowfall and linked it to this thread

ur welcome

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
lurkers: greets

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I disagree, there are many worse ways money can be spent

Fishing boats and wool

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

What's crowin' on??

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
nothing much really

just looking at the announcement threads and then we saw this

screencapped just in case the mods throw hammers for mentioning stds and roofies in a "Happy Valentine's Day!" news announcement thread

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
also yea, the forums are that boring atm

and we have too much free time

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I literally forgot Crowfall was a thing until Lastgirl mentioned it in passing.

Aaaaand somebody took "pour poison in your ear" literally, I see.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
http://crowfall.com/en/news/in-a-brave-new-world-where-will-heroes-roam/

some news i guess :shrug:

nice skybox imo

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Really digging the art style.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I can't say "please don't gently caress this up" anymore, so please don't completely and utterly gently caress this up, CF devs. I'll settle for being able to make my own fun per usual.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
http://crowfall.com/en/news/first-look-ranger-powers-ui/

ranger thing

"dont freak out about the interface"

i bet people will anyways

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Huh. I haven't been paying attention to this, but I really like the the visual style they went for.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Pavlov posted:

Huh. I haven't been paying attention to this, but I really like the the visual style they went for.
I'm a huge fan of the simple single tone textures. I really hope that it stays that way and its not just place holders. Modern games tend to add so many details that things just become a muddy mess. It sort of reminds me of TF2, just keep things simple, clear, and distinct. Looks really good in high res, but probably down scales well too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
UI update, looks nice. Really like the Diablo-esque inventory and full screen character management menu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0tpb-C1JpM