Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
I wonder if TT's spybot works on guilded too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Ort posted:

I am in the guild Corvus Citadel which seems to be quite large. Usually 10 people in groups even at off hours. I’ll stick with it for a bit but I much prefer smaller scrums than huge zerg fights.

I'm actually pretty used to running 100 v 100 fights in shadowbane and kinda miss it honestly. I think big fights could be pretty fun to run in this game and I hope it happens.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
do you think the server could handle that, even if the players for it materialized?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ad by Khad posted:

I wonder if TT's spybot works on guilded too

Pretty telling they aren't on Discord anymore.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Ad by Khad posted:

do you think the server could handle that, even if the players for it materialized?

Likely not with their current tech. Maybe in a couple years.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Ad by Khad posted:

Maybe, although never underestimate MMO devs ability to DDOS themselves.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Anias posted:

Maybe, although never underestimate MMO devs ability to DDOS themselves.

For whatever bizarre reason, a lot of their data is stored (and accessed via HTTPS requests) on some third party (https://www.gamasutra.com/contractors/contractor_display.php?contractor_id=8559)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Are all common wood types effectively equal? And all that matters is poor < common < uncommon. And so on?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Zotix posted:

Are all common wood types effectively equal? And all that matters is poor < common < uncommon. And so on?

As far as basic crafting goes like tools, yeah. For advanced woodworking different woods will grand different stats to the finished product:

http://winterblades.net/crafting-combinations/

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Lorem ipsum posted:

I'm actually pretty used to running 100 v 100 fights in shadowbane and kinda miss it honestly. I think big fights could be pretty fun to run in this game and I hope it happens.

Did you play on test? Or the eventual test-like seasonal servers?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

And what benefit is there to gathering outside of the Dregs in say Godfall or Sky reach or w/e? Other than say trying to obtain the exploration discipline drops for your resources?

Hawke
May 1, 2008
Messing around in god's reach by myself and learning the game. I'm enjoying it a lot more the deeper in I get but holy hell this tutorial is awful, for every quest that teaches you something useful there's 4 'kill these enemies' ones.
Are there any good places to find info about where to get certain resources and items yet? I can only seem to find out of date stuff so far.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Tabletops posted:

Did you play on test? Or the eventual test-like seasonal servers?

Not for any period of time, I really hated this game back then

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Zotix posted:

And what benefit is there to gathering outside of the Dregs in say Godfall or Sky reach or w/e? Other than say trying to obtain the exploration discipline drops for your resources?

It's safer. You lose your entire inventory if killed in the Dregs, but only your gold in Sky Point (and only half gold in God's Reach). The trade off is that the nodes are lower quality, so they have lower drop rates for special things like materials and discs.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

NeurosisHead posted:

It's safer. You lose your entire inventory if killed in the Dregs, but only your gold in Sky Point (and only half gold in God's Reach). The trade off is that the nodes are lower quality, so they have lower drop rates for special things like materials and discs.

Right, but those are two completely different gear sets. Like most guilds are chilling in the dregs, so everything I farm in SkyPoint wouldn't really be used to advance my character other than just farming up the advanced gathering disciplines.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Zotix posted:

Right, but those are two completely different gear sets. Like most guilds are chilling in the dregs, so everything I farm in SkyPoint wouldn't really be used to advance my character other than just farming up the advanced gathering disciplines.

I'm using it to learn PVP

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Zotix posted:

Right, the advantage of safety only factors in if you're solo gathering. There's nothing about this game that's really made for solo players though. If you've got people to play with there's no reason not to do it in the Dregs. Just keep your eyes peeled for the gathering groups from the mega guilds unless you want to give them everything you've gathered.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I get that. I'm just basically trying to figure if there's any OTHER benefit to harvesting in sky reach other than farming for the gathering disciplines. I can harvest there while I'm at work.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
You have 20 equipment import slots into the dregs, you can make whatever you'd like.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

NeurosisHead posted:

Additionally, you can only get to lvl 32 in Sky point as there aren't higher level monsters to kill. In order to progress to 35, you will eventually need to get in the Dregs or similar campaigns.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Capntastic posted:

Not to step on toes but CAWFUL has more members currently. If you wanna organize with us that might be mutually beneficial.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/guilds/search?name=Cawful#CAWFUL

I sent you a PM in SA... hit me up whenever you want to talk.

Tempus Thales fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jul 13, 2021

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Keep defense last night apparently went poorly, had like 150 of our alliance logged in and the map queue got jammed up so no attackers could log in. Hopefully they can figure out a solution to that.

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

Ort posted:

Keep defense last night apparently went poorly, had like 150 of our alliance logged in and the map queue got jammed up so no attackers could log in. Hopefully they can figure out a solution to that.

Yeah, I mean, the zone crashed 12 minutes until showtime putting all defenders into login queue so the attackers certainly had the advantage if they wanted it. Though 5 minutes later we were all let back in even though my queue spot was 120. It was weird.

I think this was just a zone population issue unrelated to a crash. We were defending and nobody could log in to attack because zones cap at 200 people. So basically whoever can log in hours ahead of time to get a number advantage has the upper hand unless they can solve that core issue.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
I'm trying to do a deep dive on support abilities now. What are they key support abilities in this game (ones you might call out for in a fight)?

My current shortlist is:
Blackmantle effects
Purify
Dispel
Sanctuary/other protection effects

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Nunes posted:

Additionally, you can only get to lvl 32 in Sky point as there aren't higher level monsters to kill. In order to progress to 35, you will eventually need to get in the Dregs or similar campaigns.

Are there vessel parts that come from monsters? I thought they all came from graves, but I haven't messed with it much since I'm not playing with any big guilds and don't ever expect to end up with a higher quality crafted vessel.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
Is there anything i can do about the UI?

It's kind of.....B I G.

Like resize it or move it?

Or is that "On the roadmap down the line a ways..."?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Does anyone have any idea what the human racial Hero's blood does?

It says it increases the power bar by 1.. but I don't know what a power bar even is.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Super cool how sometimes the game just don't progress on loading if it's not the active window.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
Game population feels like its increasing. I'd love to see the numbers again.

BadLlama posted:

Does anyone have any idea what the human racial Hero's blood does?

It says it increases the power bar by 1.. but I don't know what a power bar even is.

It gives you an extra slot on your power bar. Like another skill to slot, 11 instead of the 10 everyone else gets.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yeah it's 3001 now

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm legitimately surprised as how much I'm liking the game so far. Maybe my pledge wasn't completely wasted.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Ort posted:

It gives you an extra slot on your power bar. Like another skill to slot, 11 instead of the 10 everyone else gets.

Oh I must be blind as I didn't notice any difference..

BobTheVillain
Apr 25, 2009

The perfect counter argument, coming right up.

Lorem ipsum posted:

Even better, here you go.
https://crowfallstatus.com/

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've been wandering around with pubs in sky point and honestly with even a modicum of coordination in chat FvF keep warfare is pretty fun! I could see that ruleset being a good home for small guilds that can't risk the megaguilds rolling over them in Dregs if they ever launch a world under that rule set. If even a couple of sub 10 man guilds coordinated to take and build up a keep they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

I'm having way more fun than I thought I would with this game. The structure lends itself well to a lot of the community based nostalgia from games like UO, SWG, DAoC, etc. The core gameplay is solid, with tons of flexibility and variety within a given class. There's plenty of smaller problems, like with any game, but there's a lot to like. I don't have a lot of hope for the longevity of the game, with $30M in VC money to pay back and 0 marketing to drive interest. But if you're on the fence and have even a modicum of patience for pubs or a few friends to play with it's definitely worth checking out.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007

Thanks! Must just be more that i'm seeing people active in PVP

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'm still glad I sold off my kickstarter ruby pledge, but this game is fun as gently caress with tons of minor annoyances.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

NeurosisHead posted:

Are there vessel parts that come from monsters? I thought they all came from graves, but I haven't messed with it much since I'm not playing with any big guilds and don't ever expect to end up with a higher quality crafted vessel.

The parts to create them do come from graves. The parts that you get from spiders are enhancers to give those vessels more custom stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm having way more fun than I thought I would with this game.

New thread title could be this, I feel most of us trying it felt the same thing and posted something similar.