Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Mjolnerd posted:

same... I'd settle for even watching solid streamer play, but unfortunately it doesn't look like this game has much of a public following at all....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRyrYBbBjJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I bought this recently cause I thought it was cheap and it's actually up my alley as far as WPvP Games go.
Been loving around on the test realm in the town, and did maybe the first 1-2 hours of quests.

I don't love it, but I certainly don't hate it. The good news is that all the good things are related to what it's trying to be- WPvP MMO. All the bad things are related to what it's not trying to be- PvE Themepark.
With that all being said, the crafting is refreshing, the combat is quite solid and the depth of the class system is good enough. I am playing from Australia so until I can play it on a USWest realm at best it's always going to feel a little bit laggy.

I'm still going to play at launch, I think it potentially has something here, but time will tell- Still is cheap enough to say gently caress it though.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Tabletops posted:

If it’s like shadowbane then caster assassin, berserker Minotaur warrior and the perms angel form paladin dudes

It's literally that, Fanatic, Vindicator and Barbarian are considered to be very good (Along with Warden and Arbiter)

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here
I've been playing for a week and here's my opinion. I'll just sort of run through everything.

- PvP Combat is good to great. This is the selling point. I just wish there was a little more to take / lose on death.
- PvE is as basic as it can get.
- No story
- No questing
- Spell animations are almost non existent outside of a few spells (Cleric's Root is probably the most animated spell in the game)
- Depth is decent enough- It's somewhat superficial though, as you have to lock your self into a specialization that gives you a specific way you should be playing. That being said, disciplines are great and really shake up what you can do.
- There's basically no economy. Which is really kind of sad for this game. The worst feeling is going out and "farming" and not really have any gauge to what you're getting. This feels bad and might be the biggest reason why people quit. (No sense of gaining wealth)
- Endgame loop is essentially split between farming and PvP depending on what you want to be doing and how good you are at PvP. PvP isn't rewarding enough right now and seems like the best rewards are just from killing PvE bosses which is mostly just tedious to have to sort out.

So what does this all boil down to? Well, the game is fun- for a bit. And the fun will end / continue depending on your guild and their plan to gear their members. Guilds must gear their members. People must work together. This means that if your guild is JUST pvping, they will soon realise they're super far behind of the gear train and their guild will likely die. This means big guilds will be supreme as they share their wealth. Im not really sure where this goes towards the end game honestly but I think possibly like most MMOs the best time to play will be now.

All this being said I think the game is worth about $40 AUD, which is like 30USD or something. I do think that they have something but Im not sure if they'll capitalize on it based on how slow their leadup to this was, and what is essentially a beta for a release.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Ort posted:

There is also hardly any build info out there and, being a pvp mmo, unlikely to have a ton of top tier builds publicly shared, so that’s another reason to play now. Everyone except beta testers are on the same level of knowledge and total noobs so fights may feel more balanced.

Yeah but since it literally takes 1-2 hours to level a char to 30 for VIPs, and it's very easy to spot which classes are the best (because they're like twice as good as the poo poo classes) people will be swapping real quick. Also the classes that are good are the least buggy ones. People will naturally leave their poo poo classes behind when they realise how terribly designed they are (and just flatout don't work).

hobocrunch fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 8, 2021

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Zlodo posted:

I just think it will take time, the thing is that unless they drastically changed direction since I hosed around in the alpha all the good stuff is crafted and the good mats aren't trivial to farm either, so a player driven economy should emerge in time.

In fact this might end up becoming sort of fantasy eve online.

It's just not happening without a good chat system or an AH.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Overture posted:

It is crazy no one in my guilds discord has mentioned this when I've asked for help around this (multiple times). Thank you!

Yeah an MMO where the meta is server hopping for every purpose. Seems like that might be bad design. Who knows though.

Also be really careful not to accidentally sell your expensive items, the devs have told me "they don't have the tools required to reimburse items".
I mean it's fair- it's my mistake but yeah. Eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

The Shortest Path posted:

I dunno, I feel like that's basically how Runescape always worked. Certain worlds became the designated place for people to go for specific group activities, trading, etc. because with how easy swapping servers is that's kinda just naturally the most optimal way for that to work out.

This game is what it is, and nothing is going to change that now so I don't expect it to but I prefer my MMOs with every aspect of them gelling off each other in 1 melting pot of a world. Having Arena duelists off in their own little Eternal Kingdom absolutely kills vibes for me.