Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I still give it more of a shot than the darkfall rereleases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I couldn't see myself spending more than 60 dollars on this pre-launch. I'm firmly in the thirty dollar crew.

If it's good, good, if it sucks, I'm not out a ton of money.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Capntastic posted:

Kimsemus did nothing wrong

I'll splinter off your splinter. What sounds better:

<Fishing Pact>

or

<No it's actually called Ephebophila>

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

30.5 Days posted:

And since w and sugoi are balance, it would be a bad idea to go that way

Stack one side to an insane extent. It's going to be an issue on live, make them deal with it.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Better hope this game doesn't turn into a giant pile of CAW-CAW

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Doggir posted:

https://community.crowfall.com/index.php?/topic/17194-let-everyone-train-harvestcrafting/

"Which means you have "dedicated crafters". This mechanic sucks to be frank, it's outdated and over done." "The game can have some old school mechanics but I'd rather it not be an old school kinda game "

:allears:

I know a lot of people who love doing nothing but crafting in these kinds of games. It takes all kinds.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Turd Herder posted:

Saw on redit they just said similar a week ago. It's good but still a lot needs to be added. given 6months to a year it will be easily playable.

I think it'll be decent on launch, but otoh I've been in other game betas where the last stretch of 6mo or so development time didn't do jack poo poo to improve the game, so I'll be a bit pessimistic until launch.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Drakkus posted:

it'll hit the 'live' (pretty much everyone who Bought The Game) test servers before the end of the month or soon after it

Oh poo poo, so even the Cheapass-tier backers can test now? Neat.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Drakkus posted:

The 'live' test server is up to Beta 3 access now, which the $50 pack currently on the store includes.

When 5.5 hits (Which might actually be by April 1st given they posted they're really close this morning) they might dial back the access if they have too many people playing, but I suspect that's probably not going to happen considering they have basically no people playing right now.

Yeah, I threw them somewhere around 20-30 2 years ago and was pleasantly suprised to see I could use the client. The game's not really there yet, but the foundations are there for a game if they don't blow it.

Drakkus posted:

This is pretty accurate. I suspect they're looking at the coffers and getting a bit worried with how long it's been in development. Gordon is usually pretty blunt and straightforward about the business side of the business when they let him in front of the camera.

One point they missed though : passive skill training can be 'potioned' and traded amongst players. The 'new player' experience 6 months after launch will probably be comparable to what you see in EVE. You can 'fly' a bee with the swarm and still be useful day 1. Then with either time, money, or the cooperation of your guild, you can get into something larger and more competitive to 'fly' alone.

I also suspect that either by soft launch or between that point and the point they start marketing the game they're gonna make the 'early levels' in passive skill training quick, or even baked into character creation (ala Eve). I have no source for this other than the fact that I know the developers aren't idiots and have faith that they're trying to create an actual game and not just trying to milk a bunch of gullible idiots out of a ton of money.

-a gullible idiot who has given them tons of money

While I agree it sounds like they could be having money issues, I really think his argument about VIP is pretty drat overblown. VIP player A and Free Player B have the same drat "power level" if they started playing at the same time, it's just that player A has a bit more flexibility. That's hardly a sin compared to many other games trying similar business models. At the end of the day people gotta get paid.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
When I played last, a year ago, it all seemed basic but had a decent base for a game. I guess fleshing out an mmo is hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I'm legitimately surprised as how much I'm liking the game so far. Maybe my pledge wasn't completely wasted.