Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
The gangs all here, lets just get this thing into alpha so we can enter the world and start creating drama, er content for the masses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Bad pvp mmo crew checking the gently caress in

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
The crow ship game in which goons rule the eternal kingdom

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I am just praying for fishing pacts and or back pedaling on promises.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Its only not a problem if every class does in fact have some limiting mechanic. Not only does it become a min max issue but there will be countless people crying about how they have to do it and others don't. Also it wont make them op, if it did people would complain til it was normalized with other classes, going back to having to do it just to be competitive. I think overall its most likely a bad mechanic to have ammo.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Why is it shooting yourself in the foot is the biggest hurdle now, back in my day games were actually bad.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
I think in 10 years we will have some great mmos. I wish I was being sarcastic. Companies are starting to get somethings right.
Albion -- one server sandbox like eve,
Crowfall -- trying to beat the stagnation/power curve top guilds obtain

Other games are doing other good things. The problem is ultimately none of these games all together are very good and will fail. Being that it takes about 7 years to make an mmo AND someone is watching the good parts of each of these games, it stands possible we could see the next great thing 10 years from now. This in my opinion is why this genre is so dead. What is good and fun is a moving target and MMOs dig into the ground and hit the spot where the target was 7 years ago usually. So the 10 year thing is really to make the best mmo of today, which by then will be trash and we will all hate it.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

It also will depend on how much the Crowfall devs encourage political intrigue like CCP does with EVE. Unfortunately, we won't know either of these things for a good while. :/

Ya to me this is the 'turn' if they embrace it technically, and mechanically or if they do everything they can to deter from it.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Then you may be interested in my new game Shitfarmer 2016. It involves hand-tilling a field in real time, then being killed by vikings.

Is that an ark expansion? I would still be playing ark but the dinosaur taming was to fast for me to find it believable.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I'll never understand how this industry looks at a literal graveyard of World of Warcraft/Everquest copycats and says "Yeah, let's make one of those" instead of something similar to EVE/Ultima Online/Star Wars Galaxies (that being the only one that died due to the license and the playerbase getting pissed over the NGE overhaul).

There's so many crowdfunded sandbox games coming out, one of them is bound to be good. I mean there is such little chance of becoming the next World of Warcraft or even Guild Wars 2, why bother? Why not find a viable niche that is practically guaranteed to play your game due to a lack of alternatives?

I've always thought that myself. If you are a no name studio why not target a small audience that you can succeed in rather than go big. I guess for a lot of groups it might be that the business plan has to scale infinitely ... I don't know.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

game shaming in the crowfall thread? i cant beleive it

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Anyone doing the tests today?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Trier posted:

Hi. I'm... uh...

help i'm nervous

isthisgamegonnabegoodokbye

most likely no but it promises to be

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Blazing Zero posted:

when someone acquired more money than sense

I disagree, there are many worse ways money can be spent

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Hardcore, hardcore pvp never changes

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Did he still salt afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
What clan do we join to skip the drama and go directly into camping other goons?