Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Zarithas posted:

I'm getting some Shadowbane vibes from the combat and animations, for some reason.

Holy poo poo, I was about to post the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Lastgirl posted:

Crowfall is being made by the guy who did shadowbane is why, he even calls it a spiritual successor.

I hope it doesn't result in the same AFK farming groups of horrible AI that SB was famous for. Is there actual leveling and gathering of resources? SB did some things well, and the rest of the game content was a limp/shallow mire of poo poo with semi-decent graphics.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

The Shadowbane world suffered greatly from vast areas of empty nothingness between zones and virtually no environmental sounds. The most engaging thing was large scale PvP battles, and those would not work unless you had the settings such that you only saw torsos floating about.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Would prefer a refund from Albion.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Communication and honesty is "lol"?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

if you pour money into mmo kickstarters or EARLY ACCESS, you deserve your fate

#albionlivesmatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Pavlov posted:

I've been beginning to think that the reason the genre hasn't come back is because of minecraft/dayz. Other genres have largely isolated the pieces of MMOs that worked best and implemented them. It's left mmos themselves with all their baggage and not much of an edge. You get your PvP and boss raids in Dark Souls, your crafting in survival games, large-scale combat in like battlefield or whatever. There's just less of a reason to subject yourself to an MMO these days.

A mmo needs to be pretty engaging for me these days. That thing about minecraft and arma 3 (gently caress day z sa) is me to a t.
I just dont have the time to spare these days for a sub standard mmo.