Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Not everything can experience the stunning success of Albion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Turd Herder posted:

Wait are you serious? I thought player base dropped off pretty quickly in that game.

loving what.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Turd Herder posted:

I played with some of the goons and watched as numbers dropped on the servers. I figured it was a trend after launch. I didnt know the game took off.

I was being sarcastic you idiot.

I was being sarcastic, a month ago.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hasselblad posted:

Cannot download the client because the website login is not working. Nor is anything happening when I try to reset my password, or when I tell it to resend the validation. They of course have no issue sending me emails about the game that I cannot get the client of.

(IIRC, I bought the lowest tier years ago just to qualify for the client)

At some point there was an account system modification/switch over, you'll need to email their support.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Capntastic posted:

Killing passive skill training five years into development seems like a weird choice.

Also, any time I've played the world has been dominated by one big tryhard clan which is exactly what the devs were aiming to avoid, haha.

I feel like it's the one wholly good development choice they've made in the last two or so years. Like Lorem ipsum said they keep making systems that are just generic and boring and granted not every MMO has to reinvent the wheel but when basically every PvP MMO that has ever existed has died the same death for basically the same reasons, I dunno maybe try something else. Aping one of the worst parts of the one that hasn't wasn't a good call.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Something can be not a scam and still definitively be a waste of money from which you will see no return in enjoyment. This isn't Star Citizen but I don't think it's ever going to materialize a meaningful set of gameplay or experiences beyond the occasional bits of vague, not terribly compelling content you can get in the beta now.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I just got an email that they are, I dunno how to put it even, rereleasing the old siege test mode they had way back when? Except they're turning it into a carbon copy of Guild Wars 2's Eternal Battlegrounds? I assume this is a response to the fact that nobody is playing it and they can't possibly actually support an MMO of this particular garbage pile but man, what a look.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Nunes posted:

I heard they removed the passive skill system recently, what are they doing instead of that?

You buy passive skills/traits with gold now I believe? So it's just grind for your build.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I have more faith in WW2OL being moved over to UE4 and functioning properly than I do anything about Crowfall being more than accidentally fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's been said before in this thread but they specifically reached out to and catered to the forumbane crowd in the early days (essentially the old school, impossibly toxic shitposters from Shadowbane) and while I think most of them got self-selected and filtered out, it means that basically the only people that stuck around for the extremely bad development process of Crowfall were people who could tolerate those people before they bailed and anyone they could con into it.

The game is almost certainly comprised entirely of way too serious, "SHUT UP ON COMMS WHEN THE COMMANDER IS TALKING" kind of guilds and those people only ever want fights they can win handily. It's gonna die fast.