Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Not that I'm sanctioning this or pushing people towards it, but in case anyone is interested, Crowfall support sent me here when I asked to get a refund:

http://www.anshex.com/index.php?cmd=crowfall/pledgeSell

While it's a shady-as-gently caress site, it does in fact work, and I received the full value of my KS pledge in my Paypal within 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Anoia posted:

Let's go niche. HEY GAMERS REMEMBER JUMPGATE?!

OH MAN. I worked on Jumpgate. Still have a sweet t-shirt and nothing else to show for it.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Crowfall asking the hard questions.

https://www.facebook.com/CrowfallGame/posts/1178688358811146

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Texibus posted:

Watched some videos of it, looks like it might be cool some day.

Spoiler: it won't be

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Draynar posted:

Really good interview here: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...MOs-the-Industr

As a shadowbane player really hoping this is good. Haven't given them money so hoping it doesn't screw anyone who didn't invest into it before we could see if it was good.

Wait, is this an actual thing Todd said in this interview, in response to asking if he approached publishers?

quote:

We did talk to some of them early on and I will say that the general response was that we were crazy, not because they thought that we couldn't get the technology to work or build it, but they thought the users would never buy it.

Like, I get the "gently caress publishers" mentality, but when this is the feedback you're getting from multiple publishers, you may need to rethink some things.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

they're hyping some massive Friday announcement that they claim will change everything. So we'll see what that is.

Is it "We're switching to Amazon Lumberyard" a la Star Citizen?

Pryce
May 21, 2011

Comrayn posted:

Oh, yeah I should definitely have mentioned that's the minimum. You can buy a shitload more.

Some twitch streamers are watching youtube videos of gameplay in what I assume is an attempt to trick people into watching their stream, but still looks like servers are not up.

I don't understand what this means; I've been playing since early this morning. Is it just that the tutorial servers are the only thing up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pryce
May 21, 2011

NowonSA posted:

Currently popped into the game but having trouble getting into any of the actual servers to play it. Here's hoping they do the traditional "have a bunch of our in-game currency" apology for server problems.

Hell, handing out about 2k of it as a freebie to try to hook people on spending it in-game would've been a good launch strategy anyway.

I'm pretty sure there's not an in-game shop....the store button I pushed just took me to the website to spend cash money.