Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Shadowbane was both brown and gross and a gothic doom metal album. One is referring to the environment and the other to character models/architecture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Elblanco posted:

I've watched crowfall a bit since 2015 and right now I'm shopping around for a B2P mmo to mess around with. Would this be worth it right now? Like is there stuff to do if I just grab the $50 bundle, or would I be just sitting in my own little kingdom farming all day? I love the idea of this game, just want to make sure I can actually have fun with it as it is.

I login once in a while to check their progress, which is going well for a game of this budget. This is still not something you can just play for fun as if it were an early access game though, it's still just a test environment.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Also surprising absolutely no one this game is not going to launch this year as per their recent news. The positive side of this is that it means they are not desperate for more money.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It's not just saying the right things, I can login into the game and see that things are progressing and improving at a decent pace. I can see the game that they plan becoming clearer every patch.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Anyone got a TL:DR on the progress of this game?

Looks good so far, still not done.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Lawlicaust posted:

Still more of a game than Star Citizen.

Pretty low bar there.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So this is gonna be a real game soon? a poo poo game or an ok game?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
They are wiping live and a huge patch is incoming, this should be 5.8 and the first campaign as well as officially alpha.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
It looks very different than SB because of their chosen graphic style, and because click movement and "on next attack" combat would just not fly today. It feels like SB in spirit though, and like SB it is not much of a solo game. I'm sure we'll have a guild going though.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
That was a false alarm on 5.8 btw, apparently they are just funneling everyone to the test server to iron out more bugs before pushing it to live.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
No actually I was waiting for this since this is the first time you can call it an actual game with goals and real gameplay. I guess we'll find out if my seven years of VIP are worth it!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't really play play, i just login to mess around with skills and see how the game is shaping up. Looks like its constantly improving so im happy. I assumed once real play started there would be some kind of goon guild.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
As far as i know it's not active at all. I don't think anyone but some try hard guilds are playing right now since its still technically "pre alpha" even though its in a fairly playable state.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

A few weeks ago, I decided to really wade into the game. I leveled a couple of heroes to level 30 and then played some PvP. The leveling mechanisms are pretty good although some classes are clearly stronger than others, with the cleric class in particular being really poor when I played. It didn't feel like the devs know what they want some of the classes to be. I don't really know much about the higher tier vessels although it seems like they're very valuable. Also, it was clear to me how unbalanced some of the characters could be in PvP when I went to assault a big fort for a big fight. The imbalance of power of ranged vs. melee made attacking much, much harder and we got stomped. It was also basically a slideshow at different points which was kind of annoying for a new-ish game with about 100-120 players in the same area.

I mean... at least it sounds like theres an actual game there. Not a very good one, but hey.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

insider posted:

Feel weird coming into this thread to defend it as I really don't want to, but really? You can fight other groups of people, take over forts, etc. That is the content. This isn't a theme park mmo.

Yup, its ridiculous to call this a scam at this point. The game isn't very good but it's definitely there. Their biggest mistake was action combat imo, it just does not feel good.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Sigh... is there going to be a goon guild?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
1: What's the OP class?

2: What exactly does VIP do? I know this is not a sub game, and now that there's no passive training I'm not sure what you are paying for.

3. Goon guild?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
MMO FOMO won out, guess I'm in. I already sold my pledge years ago though.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So there's no character names? just account name?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
What's a jumpstart tome and why did i get one?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Applied to the guild as threash.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Ort posted:

My only issue is that it seems like you pretty much have to be in a group to do anything at all, especially in the dregs. Maybe it will change since I’ve only been playing two days.

Pretty sure it does not, maybe if you play ganking classes like assassins or duelist.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is there a way to change character or account names?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

BobTheVillain posted:

Email support@crowfall.com. They will want a list of 5 in case your first chosen is taken.

They did this literally instantly, wow. Malhavok in game now.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I'm still glad I sold off my kickstarter ruby pledge, but this game is fun as gently caress with tons of minor annoyances.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Chat is one of the worst things in this game. I feel like i miss almost everything. I never see anyone in guild chat, are we communicating somewhere else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Cutedge posted:

So how does playing in Dregs even work? If it's guild vs guild does that mean that every player outside of the 3 or 4 goons that are online is hostile? I've got a cleric up to 25 but I just don't have any idea what to do now :ohdear:

Yes, literally that.