Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.

Doodeh posted:

Was away for a couple of months, what did I miss? Noticed that the CF forums went to poo poo.

What were they before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Anyone in Big World yet?

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Yeah, I'm tentatively impressed. The fundamentals are there. Obvious caveat: there are tons of bugs, unfinished systems, and stuff that needs balance iterating on about a hundred times, but...it's kinda fun.

I don't know if I want to be a craftsman, but the intricacy in the system is really intriguing. I can see why they keep emphasizing the need for 'dedicated crafters' in any guild.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

malhavok posted:

To keep things under perspective this game was kickstarted for about 2.4 million in march of 2015. That they've gotten from that to this is simply incredible.

Yes.

Not to name names [cough] Star Citizen [cough], but it makes a lot of difference when you focus on core game play instead of ancillary stuff only about 0.03% of your audience gives a drat about.

Now, will Crowfall actually end up being good?

I don't know. Could go either way. That there is a game at this point is a very encouraging sign.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Played a good chunk this weekend.

Given a general caveat about lag, unbalanced abilities, and there being no real reason to fight given that Spirit Banks are a thing currently, the combats I had this weekend were fun. Obviously, there is a huge amount of work to be done, and this game is by no means a sure thing. The potential is there though. It could be really awesome.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

What does that one do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

Technology and game design have come a heck of a long way since Shadowbane.