Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I heard they removed the passive skill system recently, what are they doing instead of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
so I take it that it will be a generic pvp mmo at this point?

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I believe the launch date is July 6th.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Is there going to be a goon guild in this game? Is anyone interested in playing?

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
As I understand, you don't need VIP to play, it gives perks. (not sure what those might be)

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
Do we have a guild or place we can all gather up yet in this game? I like the game so far and think it could be fun to fart around with some others.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I have the 250 kickstarter package which I traded for a city plot deed I won in a raffle in SoTA (they were trying to sell these for 1000$ LOL), so I am in the game for the 30 bucks I spent on steam I guess. That pack gives me the expanded heraldry stuff and other perks but I definitely do not have the time or bandwidth to actually run a guild. If someone wants to take on that mantle, I could probably get the creation of it taken care of.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

hobocrunch posted:

I've been playing for a week and here's my opinion. I'll just sort of run through everything.

- PvP Combat is good to great. This is the selling point. I just wish there was a little more to take / lose on death.
- PvE is as basic as it can get.
- No story
- No questing
- Spell animations are almost non existent outside of a few spells (Cleric's Root is probably the most animated spell in the game)
- Depth is decent enough- It's somewhat superficial though, as you have to lock your self into a specialization that gives you a specific way you should be playing. That being said, disciplines are great and really shake up what you can do.
- There's basically no economy. Which is really kind of sad for this game. The worst feeling is going out and "farming" and not really have any gauge to what you're getting. This feels bad and might be the biggest reason why people quit. (No sense of gaining wealth)
- Endgame loop is essentially split between farming and PvP depending on what you want to be doing and how good you are at PvP. PvP isn't rewarding enough right now and seems like the best rewards are just from killing PvE bosses which is mostly just tedious to have to sort out.

So what does this all boil down to? Well, the game is fun- for a bit. And the fun will end / continue depending on your guild and their plan to gear their members. Guilds must gear their members. People must work together. This means that if your guild is JUST pvping, they will soon realise they're super far behind of the gear train and their guild will likely die. This means big guilds will be supreme as they share their wealth. Im not really sure where this goes towards the end game honestly but I think possibly like most MMOs the best time to play will be now.

All this being said I think the game is worth about $40 AUD, which is like 30USD or something. I do think that they have something but Im not sure if they'll capitalize on it based on how slow their leadup to this was, and what is essentially a beta for a release.

The PvP ruleset will vary based on the world. Currently there are only the starter worlds that only have gold loss in the specific areas but some of the rulesets will have full looting. Additionally there will be different rulesets for faction v faction, guild v guild, and free for all. This is info I semi pieced together so it may be outdated or incorrect.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016
I wonder if the count discrepancy is people just farting around in the login server connected to chat but not in an actual world. From my experience, they are timing out inactive players very quickly in game, but you can sit on the main login screen indefinitely and just be in chat.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

NeurosisHead posted:

It's safer. You lose your entire inventory if killed in the Dregs, but only your gold in Sky Point (and only half gold in God's Reach). The trade off is that the nodes are lower quality, so they have lower drop rates for special things like materials and discs.

Additionally, you can only get to lvl 32 in Sky point as there aren't higher level monsters to kill. In order to progress to 35, you will eventually need to get in the Dregs or similar campaigns.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

NeurosisHead posted:

Are there vessel parts that come from monsters? I thought they all came from graves, but I haven't messed with it much since I'm not playing with any big guilds and don't ever expect to end up with a higher quality crafted vessel.

The parts to create them do come from graves. The parts that you get from spiders are enhancers to give those vessels more custom stats

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

NeurosisHead posted:

I've been wandering around with pubs in sky point and honestly with even a modicum of coordination in chat FvF keep warfare is pretty fun! I could see that ruleset being a good home for small guilds that can't risk the megaguilds rolling over them in Dregs if they ever launch a world under that rule set. If even a couple of sub 10 man guilds coordinated to take and build up a keep they'd be a force to be reckoned with.

Even in the Dregs, small guilds can make an impact and win awards. Some of the alt win conditions are averaged by guild member count. In the current dregs this is the sacrifice gryphon artifacts bounty. Also in the main scoring, if you are in the top 60% of guilds, you will get some loot.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Ort posted:

New thread title could be this, I feel most of us trying it felt the same thing and posted something similar.

This has been my experience as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Overture posted:

Has anyone figured out a reliable way of finding crafters to make stuff for you? Chat is useless in this game, there is no auction house, so I'm not really sure what to do. I'm in a relatively large guild and no one is crafting poo poo for anyone because all materials are going towards the upkeep of forts and stuff.

So far the large guild experience isn't my favorite, I enjoy the smaller scale PVP, so I'm not seeing what the point of being in a larger guild is if there are no perks. I might just leave and join you all.

There are some guilds out there devoted to crafting. As for shopping goes, if you are in the Dregs, people buy vendor stalls in Shiloh to sell wares. You can get there from any of the temples. If you are outside of Dregs, some groups have made entire Ek's to act as shopping malls.