Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

I have not posted or played the beta for a while but I still have the "heart of a crow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Doggir posted:

Something Cawful*

The only way to fly

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

forge posted:

The goon leader has the $10k castle requirement, sorry.

We will have numerous castles because they let you convert VIP tickets into cash shop currency and I turned a year or two of VIP into a castle for goons to live and learn and love in

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

What's the plan with the guild?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

The game has steadily progressed on the prototype front consistently and even if I haven’t played and releases for months it is clear they are gearing up the core gameplay before hitting polish.

Dunno what people want beyond that, other than the fun of complaining.

The fact that there’s no gacha elements whatsoever and they’ve been pulling stuff out of the store makes me think... someone’s got their fibbing britches on today

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Something Cawful will, once it is created, remain our elite order of murderbirds

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

GoGoGadget posted:

So everyone is going to be a Guinecean, right?

You can jump from body to body pretty easily so yes

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Jamcreek posted:

If this is supposed to be the spiritual successor of Shadowbane.
I’m sad to see that the graphics and artwork looks like they got inspiration from My little ponie or something like that.

Nah Shadowbane was a boring mess visually, dunno where you get the MLP comparison from other than “there is green grass and blue sky”

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Jamcreek posted:

Shadowbane was Dark, gothic-like and something out of a Doom-metal album.

Crowfall looks more Cartoonish. Atleast that is my opinion.

Shadowbane was brown and gross, have you looked at it recently?

I agree with Crowfall being sort of cartoony but more in a Team Fortress 2 way than MLP. Semantics!!

I think Crowfall looks good for what it is trying to be, especially since super detailed models and textures cost time and money.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Made a confessor in the NA campaign world on Team Chaos. Slowly gonna start putting some gear together but don’t know how much time I can devote to this

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Captured some forts with some randos and set up skill training. Didn't get a chance to sit down and craft anything before the fort I was in got steamrolled back over. Seems alright for a low investment PvP MMO so far.

Really excited for the shorter term Campaigns meaning I can play for a week and then ignore the game for an arbitrary amount of time and not "fall behind forever".

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Our ears are ringing

There's a pretty solid "get resources, craft, take and defend forts" loop going on. Not sure what else you'd mean, it's not like a full MMO nor is it planned to be.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

I dipped my toes in like over a year ago with some goons and we were gathering resources, crafting custom gear, fighting other factions, camping resource nodes and taking over forts and stuff. Seems like there's a game there but it's not a fully featured MMO by any means.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Killing passive skill training five years into development seems like a weird choice.

Also, any time I've played the world has been dominated by one big tryhard clan which is exactly what the devs were aiming to avoid, haha.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Yeah they kind of arbitrarily killed the whole "EVE but with necromancy instead of ships" aspect by removing the EVE styled training. I asked about it on the forum for clarifications about what the replacement is and some forum PvPer hounded me for three pages for not being obsessed with the dev happenings of a game in alpha.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Biowarfare posted:

this game is about as ready for launch as eq landmark was equivalent to the final release of eq next

I had forgotten about that fiasco entirely

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Crowfall: But did you get head?

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

While we haven't been super on the pulse of the game, there have been a few of us that have formed "Something Cawful" guild which should be joinable. We have a ton of dumb pre-order poo poo between us. Post here when you apply and we'll let you in.

We also have a discord? This link should work: https://discord.gg/fV9PDA5J

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Yeah please be sure to post here or ping me on the discord if you apply.

I guess we're focusing on prepping for faction versus faction campaigns so get a character levelled and some cool gear.

I have no insight into builds or game mechanics so if someone here is good at games feel free to make a post.

Also I have no idea how EKs work and wanna set the goon one up.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

boxcarhobo posted:

i'm checkin this out, just applied as bockzcar

Got ya!

Someone in the discord linked this wiki which seems useful and has a good name: https://crowcaine.wiki/wiki

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Tempus Thales posted:

Some of us are playing in US East 1...

Not to step on toes but CAWFUL has more members currently. If you wanna organize with us that might be mutually beneficial.

https://crowfall.com/en-US/guilds/search?name=Cawful#CAWFUL

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Cawful is now aligned with Moon to better coordinate with other goon groups.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

We are going to be focusing on Dregs now.

US West.

It seems easy to hesitate and overthink it but I just hopped in and it seems like friendship is the beat gear you can get.

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Lorem ipsum posted:

Yea, absolutely mess around in skypoint but also bring a dude to dregs even if its naked and level 25. If you don't know what to bring to dregs try one of these

https://crowcaine.wiki/build/tx4XGGmR0c6Up49AKHPS cleric
https://crowcaine.wiki/build/bmIPYHPZmq0C7hixXTdH titan
https://crowcaine.wiki/build/wSfCMutgkSR3zkxMjs7B support barb

More of any of these will be really strong. Or follow your heart!

Should be noted that with a modicum of cohesion we can place on the leaderbords and get some Sick Loot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

Faction vs Faction is coming eventually, as well. A little more sane, I think, if you're not in a 200 strong zerg guild.