Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I thought it wasn’t out yet? What’s the pre-launch date time frame and early access, etc look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I didn’t realize how many classes this game has once you include the advanced versions or whatever, plus disciplines. Feels like there are a ton of ways to tweak your character. I am not huge on pvp games but did enjoy shadowbane some back in the day. There’s a dearth of content videos and stuff to watch due to the quiet launch and server issues though so it’s hard to know if I’d like it.

How does combat feel? Does the engine feel snappy for lack of a better word?

Same, classes looked cool enough to play for a couple weeks at least. Already made the mistake of going on the general chat of the crowfall discord and found many a toxic fellow. “Can’t wait to slit your throat” to some random person. Place could use some moderation, I know these types of games attract people like that but ugh I am too old to have patience for that poo poo.

These frostweaver mechanics seem very confusing with all of the ice types and having to ground target for all of my damage, is that ground targeting the basis of the entire class even in promotion classes?

There is also hardly any build info out there and, being a pvp mmo, unlikely to have a ton of top tier builds publicly shared, so that’s another reason to play now. Everyone except beta testers are on the same level of knowledge and total noobs so fights may feel more balanced.

Who are you imagining this economy would even be for? Why would you sell raw materials or gear to another guild? I don’t think this game allows you to really succeed as an independent gatherer so I’m having trouble imagining the point of a global economy.

Guilds exists almost entirely to fuel their crafters, aside from sieges and stuff. Without that, there would kind of be nothing to do outside of siege windows and stuff wouldn’t there?

For all of the “releasing an unfinished game” stuff I saw, this game is much better than I expected. It feels mostly complete from a mechanics point of view, and really does feel like a modernized shadowbane. The world and animation style are cool, rotations are unique (holy poo poo blight bombs on arch druid are gimmicky but the most fun I’ve had in a video game in a while), nothing really feels incomplete to me. I hope this builds them some steam to do a proper launch rather than the soft launch they did.

My only issue is that it seems like you pretty much have to be in a group to do anything at all, especially in the dregs. Maybe it will change since I’ve only been playing two days.

Every role has glaring weaknesses by design from what I can tell, which is very different from other games where you can be somewhat self sufficient. Healers are weak so you need your team to protect you, etc. not sure how well dependencies like that will last as people get more geared.

I am in the guild Corvus Citadel which seems to be quite large. Usually 10 people in groups even at off hours. I’ll stick with it for a bit but I much prefer smaller scrums than huge zerg fights.

Keep defense last night apparently went poorly, had like 150 of our alliance logged in and the map queue got jammed up so no attackers could log in. Hopefully they can figure out a solution to that.

I think this was just a zone population issue unrelated to a crash. We were defending and nobody could log in to attack because zones cap at 200 people. So basically whoever can log in hours ahead of time to get a number advantage has the upper hand unless they can solve that core issue.

BadLlama posted:

Does anyone have any idea what the human racial Hero's blood does?

It says it increases the power bar by 1.. but I don't know what a power bar even is.

It gives you an extra slot on your power bar. Like another skill to slot, 11 instead of the 10 everyone else gets.

NeurosisHead posted:

I'm having way more fun than I thought I would with this game.

New thread title could be this, I feel most of us trying it felt the same thing and posted something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

What dregs are all the goons on? I’m on USWest