Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

It's really confusing because their website says "Players who have purchased the game can stay and play til launch!" Is this early access? Are they going to wipe the servers? Does this apply if I purchase the game today? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

I like how the launch version says in big text on the loading screen "DEVELOPER BUILD".

I played a little bit this morning but now I'm having a hard time getting in. Finally got to the server list again and it says all servers are "light" for population so I guess it's just their login server tripping on itself? Some poor dev is probably looking for ways to optimize queries and updates for their centralized account data, lol

edit: 5 seconds after connecting to the server and loading in to play, it gives me connection lost

why the f is the error behaviour for any issue in this game to completely close the client?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

It's much more stable this morning, we'll see how it is tonight.

I made it to the second island world thing and it's still PvE, and the PvE content in this is pretty not good. I get that this is a tutorial, but if it's just a tutorial than it's too long. Looking forward to getting into the real game. Does it unlock some sort of skip option for alts after doing that? Or is this just a thing they sell?

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Crowfall: MMO FOMO won out

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

Mjolnerd posted:

this seems.... low? even for such a niche audience, I expected more interest.

Hard to say, the servers were basically down most of last night until they were completely down and Art+Craft said on their forums to "play on the test server while we work on this for the next 6 hours" which is a pretty :laffo: launch day response. Have to see what it looks like tonight I guess.

Is there a fee or some requirement of getting people in one place to start a guild? I got to the point where it tells me to join one but so far I just ended up making a new character because cleric seemed pretty :tootzzz:

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

One thing I am confused at is why there are so many servers. I mean, I know that 10 servers isn't a lot compared to WOW or FFXIV or even LOTRO (at least previously), but I'm seeing them all at Light all the time? Wouldn't you want to glom everyone together for a better experience? Overly optimistic?

Has anyone reported the player levels from the api or whatever in the days after launch?

edit: I guess people are saying 3100 has been the highest pop

Campaigns start tomorrow: https://community.crowfall.com/topic/31378-the-nermara-us-east-campaign-is-coming-july-9th/

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jul 8, 2021

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

I applied to guild, should just be cutedge

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

30.5 Days posted:

Also cutedge I think something went wrong, I don't see your request

Someone else approved it pretty quickly, so i'm in. It's worth noting that if you send a guild request outside of the game (web) and it is accepted, the quest for joining a guild will complete but the guild information will not show up anywhere in game until you completely close the game and log back in :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

So how does playing in Dregs even work? If it's guild vs guild does that mean that every player outside of the 3 or 4 goons that are online is hostile? I've got a cleric up to 25 but I just don't have any idea what to do now :ohdear: