Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

We currently have Mediacom internet. We have decently new lines. Last year, we switched to their Ultra tier of Internet. This provides 100 down, 10 up and a data allowance on 999 GB. We got this because we stream everything so that data allowance is very important.

Normally, we get around 40-50 down and 15 up. For the last year or so, we will have 3 weeks of normal Internet but then will have a few days where the Internet is sporadic (less than 1 down and 20 ups). It will jump up and down with speeds fluctuating at first before dropping off completely. It will then be fine and will happen 3-4 weeks later again. This happens whether I have the cable split to our tv (for a few local channels) or if I do not have it split.

I have contacted them and they send someone out but nothing is ever solved.

Any ideas on what can be causing this? Is it just their system or would a new non-company modem possibly help?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread