Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

It has clearly infuriated you and you're sorta telling us exactly what conclusion to draw from that.

Someone can be on the same side as something politically and still find it kind of pandering and poorly written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Hawkman's dope. the Golden & Silver age stuff is great (and the Silver age stuff features some of Joe Kubert's best work), the Geoff Johns/James Robinson run's really good, the Palmiotti run after that is good too as i recall. never read the Hawkworld stuff but i've heard good things.

he's basically Indiana Jones but flies around and clubs people with a mace, what's not to like?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

The problem with the Hawkpeople is that their power is "can fly" which is pretty worthless when just about everyone else can do it too.

as opposed to Batman, whose power is literally nothing

Hawkman rules Batman drools

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

See I really like the reincarnation stuff, particularly where Johns and Robinson went with it. It was kinda similar to what Brubaker and Fraction did later with Iron Fist, where their run had all these little side stories about various reincarnations of Hawkman through the ages (one of em actually was a Maltese Falcon homage one-shot by Brubaker and Phillips that's really cool)

• Locked thread