Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

muscles like this? posted:

The problem with the Hawkpeople is that their power is "can fly" which is pretty worthless when just about everyone else can do it too.
Pretty much all the other Golden Age characters in DC got a significant Silver Age makeover; the Atom instead of being a guy who was short could shrink now and was a scientist, he Flash was a lot faster and now was all about Science~!, Green Lantern got an entire Sci-Fi mythos stapled onto 'square-jawed white guy with a magic ring'. Hawkman and Hawkgirl got... we're now from space, I guess? It is lazy and it wasn't until way later (Hawkworld and things) that anybody tried to do something with them.

Honestly, I've always wondered if the lack of a Silver Age Science themed rewrite has significantly hurt Wonder Woman over the years, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread