Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I actually didn't like a lot of the dungeons in skyrim but the weird Solstheim dungeon was amazing.

All of the dungeons were good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

All of the dungeons were good.

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Dude come on. He's trolling you nitwit.

Wow, can we get a mod in here?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not sure it counts but I really like the last few maps for Path of Exile... Shame about Daresso and Kaom being really annoying to fight, because they have a ton of health and attack really fast and have tiny arenas that they fill with spots you can't stand on or you get one shot. Every other boss in that act is fun though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like the lunaris temple in act 3 with rivers of blood and poo poo everywhere its badass

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The dungeon in my zelda classic quest where I stuffed 10 mutated bosses in each room.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
the Stygian Abyss is the most interesting dungeon

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
lufia ii has an optional dungeon that was real loving hard puzzle wise for a young gamer but you wanted to do it fir the loot

the correct answer is always phantasy star 4. cool downed spaceships full of monster vats and spiraling nightmare towers. even single level basements were full of hosed up toad beasts and goodies

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Dongslayer. posted:

lufia ii has an optional dungeon that was real loving hard puzzle wise for a young gamer but you wanted to do it fir the loot

the correct answer is always phantasy star 4. cool downed spaceships full of monster vats and spiraling nightmare towers. even single level basements were full of hosed up toad beasts and goodies

Most of the time dungeons that take place on a ship (pirate/space/ect) are guaranteed to be cool.

Graveyards or tombs have potential but it weighs a lot on the games overall art direction. Eternal Sonata had a good one.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pit of 100 trials on Paper Mario 2 was a real test of endurance for this gamer.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I'm racking my brain trying to think of this but coming up short. I feel a profound sadness. I have failed you, videogames

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I think someone mentioned it earlier but Snowpeak Manor in Twilight Princess is the only good ice dungeon.

-Main dungeon gimmick based around cooking.
-Get a rad ball and chain.
-Your reward is solving marital issues.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I love bonus dungeons that get ridiculously hard the deeper you descend. I'm thinking of the bonus from star ocean the second story that was really obscure & basically impossible to find without a guide that got super hard near the bottom & led to you unlocking the final bosses true power and making the end of the game ridiculously hard

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Morrowind was my first experience with first person open world and I remember being kinda scared of the dwemer & daedric ruins as a young teenager. The masters vault in fallout was really good too, how the walls were covered in more flesh the deeper you went.

Blackwing Lair and the original naxxramas were pretty sick too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like all of the dungeons in DQVIII

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax

Wormskull posted:

I been wracking my brain but I don't remember many dungeons. FPS levels and Platformer levels don't count to me so it's been rough. Everything else in my brain is just Zelda dungeons and their not really interesting in a standout way usually, not to say their bad or anything but you know what I mean. A Zelda dungeon's just a Zelda dungeon.

The forest temple from Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite plaves in games

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

For me then FF6 has the most number of awesome dungeons in a single game. Magitek Research Facility is hella weird and freaky. I liked it. Combining magic and technology in evil ways is win. The Opera House also ruled. You played in the opera and had to deal with Ultros, the best villain, at the same time. I could go on forever but I'll stop here.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Jabu Jabu's Belly from Ocarina of Time was hella cool and weird. That dungeon was a nightmare for me as a kid because I always got lost and it took forever.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I been wracking my brain but I don't remember many dungeons. FPS levels and Platformer levels don't count to me so it's been rough. Everything else in my brain is just Zelda dungeons and their not really interesting in a standout way usually, not to say their bad or anything but you know what I mean. A Zelda dungeon's just a Zelda dungeon.

This made me think of the Minish Cap, the hat was a weird concept but I vaguely remember very cool dungeons where you shrunk down, but I can't remember specific details. Maybe it's time for a replay.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Black Omen is my favorite giant enemy gauntlet dungeon in any game. The fact that it ends with three bosses (including the game's hardest boss, Zeal) leading straight into Lavos with no break is amazing. It's also immediately preceded by another two bosses.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

The Black Omen is my favorite giant enemy gauntlet dungeon in any game. The fact that it ends with three bosses (including the game's hardest boss, Zeal) leading straight into Lavos with no break is amazing. It's also immediately preceded by another two bosses.

Oh yeah Chrono Trigger has great dungeons. It's my favorite game of all time

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Oh yeah Chrono Trigger has great dungeons. It's my favorite game of all time
Same.

NT Plus
Nov 30, 2011

Kid just rages for a while.
Durlag's Tower from Baldur's Gate.

Something about avoiding lightning bolts instead of disarming every trap ever. That place was a nightmare getting through on the old engine. But after having played through it on the Enhanced Edition, it really isn't as bad as I remember it being. It's pretty fun, even. If you save it for being the absolute last thing you do before finishing the game.

TheWordOfTheDayIs
Nov 9, 2009

Blessed with an unmatched sense of direction
Dungeon Siege I - Goblin Cave: Took forever to get though, but was really cool

WoW - Gnomergan: I never got very far in WoW, but legitimately enjoyed running this dungeon over and over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found out there's a game called Dungeonmans today when I was theorycrafting a new post.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Bitterblack Isle in Dragon's Dogma is just a solid all around dungeon experience, very high tier

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

I just found out there's a game called Dungeonmans today when I was theorycrafting a new post.

lol i bought that like a year ago. it's a roguelike and it's actually fairly deece asides from the title and other similar jokes it tries to make constantly.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Bolverkur posted:

This made me think of the Minish Cap, the hat was a weird concept but I vaguely remember very cool dungeons where you shrunk down, but I can't remember specific details. Maybe it's time for a replay.

The Temple of Droplets (the water dungeon from that game) has one of my favorite dungeon names ever. It's one of the dungeons you do while small and it's just really evocative of what the place is. Can't remember much about the actual dungeon though.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The creepy apartment building in Silent Hill Downpour where you go in the apartment of a middle aged divorced guy who is obsessed with Springsteen and you can hear faintly mumbling coming from inside the walls and when you put the three Boss crests in the grandfather clock it opens a secret room where there is a skeleton sitting next to a record player that keeps skipping and playing the first verse of Born To Run

mekkanare
Sep 12, 2008
We have detected you are using ad blocking software.

Please add us to your whitelist to view this content.
I forget the game, but it was one of the myriad of RPGs from the SNES era.
Basically if you wore any metal items in the dungeon, your characters would be permanently paralyzed.
That was pretty unique to me so I liked it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mekkanare posted:

Basically if you wore any metal items in the dungeon, your characters would be permanently paralyzed.

i remember ff12 had a boss that worked like this

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

FFIX had a dungeon where the basic weapons you start with are better than everything else, like 3 discs into the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i love ikana castle and the stone tower temple in majoras mask

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Air's Rock in the Second Golden Sun had good puzzles and was a cool overall dungeon

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

i love ikana castle and the stone tower temple in majoras mask

Ikana Castle ftw, but it's more of a castle than a dungeon.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

mekkanare posted:

FF4 I think. Magnetic cave or something.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a bay posted:

The forest temple from Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite plaves in games

I hated the music but... hmm, well, agreed I guess.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Bolverkur posted:

I been playing it on Wii U every once in a while so I'll let you know if I figure out what your talking about.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The gross graveyard temple underneath the classic town of Kakariko being in a Nintendo game is pretty epic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

speaking of minish cap: like, every dungeon in that game is fantastic

• Locked thread