Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Read that Slash book and it sounded like Axl was just anxiety prone from all the poo poo they were on. Then the paranoia set in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

jackyl posted:

in New Orleans with Metallica and faith no more? lol if so I was there but I don't remember how many songs axl did

No, Indianapolis. Did he rant about Mike Tyson in New Orleans, too? I thought he just did that for us since that's where he was imprisoned.

Edit: it was with Metallica and Faith No More, though.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Wisdom of the ages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTJ7AzBIJoI

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

criscodisco posted:

No, Indianapolis. Did he rant about Mike Tyson in New Orleans, too? I thought he just did that for us since that's where he was imprisoned.

Edit: it was with Metallica and Faith No More, though.

I honestly don't remember what he ranted about but he ended his set really early which was normal for that tour apparently.

Metallica was easily the best band in that show

e: this was like 91 or 92? I was a junior or senior in high school

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

CowOnCrack posted:

Well to figure it out you can do this weird thing where you imagine back to when you were 10, and the span of time from then to your current point is the time is the same from now until 50 - 20 years.

Every time I do that weird thing it fills me with uneasiness though. I don't like to think about my past life, too dark.

The one thing nobody realizes until it is upon you is that 30 --> 50 goes by ten times faster than 10 --> 30.

Somehow.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

ghlbtsk posted:

The one thing nobody realizes until it is upon you is that 30 --> 50 goes by ten times faster than 10 --> 30.

Somehow.

well yeah

at 20 years old, 20 years is 100% of your life. At 40 years old, 20 years is 50% of your life. Of course it goes faster when you get older

e: or it goes the same speed but your memory makes it faster because of all the other years idk

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Holy poo poo, I heard that 11 years ago while driving across the midwestern US. This is good advice.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
No Sex In The Champagne Room was better advice imo

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

jackyl posted:

I honestly don't remember what he ranted about but he ended his set really early which was normal for that tour apparently.

Metallica was easily the best band in that show

e: this was like 91 or 92? I was a junior or senior in high school

92 sounds about right. It was a couple of years after the Illusion albums came out. I wasn't a big Metallica fan, but yeah they were pretty fantastic that tour.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

ghlbtsk posted:

Somehow.

My take is that the more you learn, the slower you remember time, since every day you learn something is unique. Learning something sticks in your mind more than wake up, go to work, go to sleep & repeat.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Enophos posted:

My take is that the more you learn, the slower you remember time, since every day you learn something is unique. Learning something sticks in your mind more than wake up, go to work, go to sleep & repeat.
Yeah as a kid, everything is novel and new. New experiences stand out more, leaving more of a mark in your mind. Like rocks on a road. But when it's same poo poo, different day, your experiences blur together. Before you know it another year has gone by because you were smooth riding.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

i enjoy all you with new avarars. i have none :(

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love the feeling of my body starting to break down because it's past the warranty.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Fister Roboto posted:

I love the feeling of my body starting to break down because it's past the warranty.

You rogue Andy's need to lay off the long nights and hard drinking. It makes you morbid.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Philthy posted:

So GnR might be getting back together again!!!
axl rose is a goon

also gently caress you 30-somethings for being able to see bands back when they were good and not poo poo :(

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Having my lower back ache for three days randomly every so often is weird.

Or my right knee making popping sounds.

Every year after 40 it's like "What the gently caress is that now?"

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Not over 30 so suck ittttt.

symbolic posted:

also gently caress you 30-somethings for being able to see bands back when they were good and not poo poo :(

I remember metallica when they were good :colbert:

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Microwaves Mom posted:

I remember metallica when they were good :colbert:

Yes, but you are obviously too young to remember THEY WERE ALWAYS poo poo!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Fister Roboto posted:

Honestly? I haven't been bothered too badly about not being an inexhaustible bundle of energy anymore in my late twenties (though I have been exercising somewhat regularly since 21, been slacking though). And I understand that it will slowly get worse and worse over the course of many years. But what I miss the most of being younger was that vibrant imagination of mine that would fill me with wonder and excitement. Getting lost in your own little world could be so much fun, especially if you have friends to share it with.

Still, it's always inspiring to see people in their 60s or even 70s still showing some energy and even some strength because they take care of themselves :unsmith:

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Wicker Man posted:

But what I miss the most of being younger was that vibrant imagination of mine that would fill me with wonder and excitement. Getting lost in your own little world could be so much fun, especially if you have friends to share it with.

Serious post, I know what the gently caress you are talking about - I honestly think the answer is music, it always was. I used to get so lost in music and now I don't have the time for it. Every now and again however I hear something that just blows my loving mind and it is like nothing ever changed :)

macdonal hamborkles fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Dec 31, 2015

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

axl rose is a goon

Yeah! Not only did I get to see RHCP, Nirvana, and Green Day in their prime, I get to see every moden band and everything inbetween. Also Beavis and Butthead rulled!

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
35. gently caress mortgages gently caress insurance gently caress having to always be responsible. For the youngins: start saving/watching what you eat/taking care of yourself and your poo poo now. It's a lot harder to start these things after 30.

meselfs
Sep 26, 2015

The body may die, but the soul is always rotten
I turned 30 today and I honestly feel like my body hasn't changed in a decade. I mean it has (evidence: they don't card me anymore), of course, but I don't feel it.

Body aside, gently caress responsibilities. Gah.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Wicker Man posted:

Honestly? I haven't been bothered too badly about not being an inexhaustible bundle of energy anymore in my late twenties (though I have been exercising somewhat regularly since 21, been slacking though). And I understand that it will slowly get worse and worse over the course of many years. But what I miss the most of being younger was that vibrant imagination of mine that would fill me with wonder and excitement. Getting lost in your own little world could be so much fun, especially if you have friends to share it with.

Still, it's always inspiring to see people in their 60s or even 70s still showing some energy and even some strength because they take care of themselves :unsmith:

yeah, thats a new years resolution, 'be interested in more poo poo, try new things instead of being a jaded cynical 29yo'.

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

quote:

Still, it's always inspiring to see people in their 60s or even 70s still showing some energy and even some strength because they take care of themselves

cupachabra posted:

Serious post, I know what the gently caress you are talking about - I honestly think the answer is music, it always was. I used to get so lost in music and now I don't have the time for it. Every now and again however I hear something that just blows my loving mind and it is like nothing ever changed :)

You are only as old as you feel. This is cliche, but anyone can change the world. Ronald Regan was -70- when he became Prez. :megadeath:

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
44 years old means no longer getting to decide when the fart comes out.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

CruJones posted:

For the youngins: start saving/watching what you eat/taking care of yourself and your poo poo now.
i'm trying to get better with this sort of stuff. i've been eating less and organizing my schedule more ever since i started college and it's working out well.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

32 here, or is it 33 now...yesterday i was introduced to my first gray nose hair.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
There's nothing that I've liked less in my life than getting older. It's not so much the physical things as it is the gradual feeling of falling out of touch with what's popular and interesting and the general cultural conversation.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

There's nothing that I've liked less in my life than getting older. It's not so much the physical things as it is the gradual feeling of falling out of touch with what's popular and interesting and the general cultural conversation.
you aren't missing much, just more stupid electronic bullshit like "hoverboards" that are little more than handleless Segways

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

The general cultural conversation is not worth keeping up with any way.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Having a house and a wife and cats and no kids is pretty cool. We each have an office that we use to jerk off in or whatever the hell girls do.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

ScrubLeague posted:

Having a house and a wife and cats and no kids is pretty cool. We each have an office that we use to jerk off in or whatever the hell girls do.

Is this an old thing?

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
What's the age where you just stop giving a gently caress about everything?

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!

Hector Beerlioz posted:

What's the age where you just stop giving a gently caress about everything?

you're not quite there yet :smug:

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

The only alternative is being dead brother. Yeah, thinking back to my parents not "getting it" and now me not getting modern culture sucks, but the only option is pulling a Kolbain & dying young. :shrug:

Enophos
Feb 29, 2008

cupachabra posted:

Is this an old thing?

As The Amazing Criswell said "We are all interested in the future, for that is where you and I are going to spend the rest of our lives."

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

cupachabra posted:

Is this an old thing?

Probably not. A young thing is definitely thinking that one day you'll have your poo poo together, while when you're older you realize that poo poo doesn't ever really get together, you just have to keep it all where you can see it. Like, they let me have a house. Me, the stupid idiot who realized I was out of toilet paper at the exact wrong time a couple weeks ago. The only people who have their poo poo together less than me are youths and the bank, who apparently thinks I'm trustworthy enough to hang out in their house for 30 years.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I turned 38 today and am neither fat nor gray nor balding :smug:

I DO have a hangover but that's due to me drinking 4 pints and a bottle and a half of wine last night for some reason.

• Locked thread