Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
What up, I used to make LPs but I haven't in a few years. I don't really have time to make videos anymore but I would not mind commentating on something. Most interested in games from the PS2 era or before, or PC games.

My commentary schedule is flexible, but probably only once a week .

You can contact me by PM, or add me on steam I guess. (Does that work? I dunno, I have a hard man avatar if that helps)

I'm pretty familiar with all voice technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I have a microphone that kind of works and I have played some games. Should I be in your videos? Maybe. That's up to you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I have a microphone that kind of works and I have played some games. Should I be in your videos? Maybe. That's up to you.

I am in the same boat.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I am putting this out there:

I am looking for someone with a general knowledge of Star Trek or at the very least Star Trek Voyager but has never seen/played the game Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. You should have Skype, Audacity and should be available Mon afternoon/evening or Tuesday

I believe I got this covered now.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 29, 2016

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Hi, I'm Derek Barona, offering occasionally amusing snarky wit and generally not-awkward commentary for anyone who needs it. I'm generally available between 6PM-1AM Central Time, though I can make plans for pretty much whenever if necessary. I use Skype and Audacity, with some previous experience with Mumble, and while I'm more of an RPG gamer personally, I'm fairly well-traveled about games overall and will work with just about anything. If anything, the more blind I am to a game going in, the better. You can contact me by PM or on Skype at derekbarona.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Hi I'm Pavlov and I like making fun of bad games. Or good games with dumb plot whatever. I'm good at making fun of dumb anime stuff in particular. I can do commentary, and I've used pretty much every audio software out there at some point. I got a flexible schedule but I'm extra free afternoons and nights EST. Throw me a PM if you have a game due for a light ribbing.

Delta Green
Nov 2, 2012
So, I've been thinking of this and, after helping berryjon finishing his latest HW LP, I figure I'll try giving a hand in general.

Your Name: Delta Green
When You Are Most Often Available: evening in EST.
Time: At the moment, most of the time apart from Tuesday afternoons and Friday evenings.
What Voice Recording Software You Use: Audacity and Skype, but I can easily adapt.
A Few Specialty Subjects: Ancient History. History in general. RTS are my bread and butter, but I play most of anything, really, and can comment on anything.
How To Get In Touch: PMs work.

Delta Green fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 15, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Your Name Alexey
When You Are Most Often Available 5 - 9 pm CEST
What Voice Recording Software You Use Audacity, Skype, Discord, but can use anything that doesn't take days to learn.
A Few Specialty Subjects Speak Russian, generalist. Clueless about more things than I care to admit
How To Get In Touch PM here, or alexey.dr on Skype
Stuff I've done: Jotun and a bunch of Legacy of Kain games.I also have an absolutely insane maniacal laughter.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 22, 2016

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS
Hey guys, I'd love to meet some new people outside of my current bubble of LPer friends!

Your Name:
Nick (or Instant Replay Live)
Most Often Available: Evenings within a week of planning, I'll make something work if we get talking
What Voice Recording Software You Use: Audacity with Skype or Discord, open to discussing other options
A Few Specialty Subjects: I don't know that I have one, but I do have a really dumb laugh that might help your jokes seem better - definitely prefer low-end/indie stuff, not a fan of AAA games
How To Get In Touch: Steam's your best bet (add Instant Replay Live)
Other information: Solid internet connection so lag shouldn't be a problem, I come with a brother who may or may not join us depending on how planning goes, it won't be a surprise or anything. We have an active YouTube channel with daily uploads which can make planning a little tricky because we sometimes have to plan content pretty far out for us, but guesting on other channels is very easy to slot in, especially if it's just myself and not the other channel members.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
Your Name: UnlimitedSpessmans, usually just go by Unlimited.
When You Are Most Often Available: Any time past 5pm GMT usually.
What Voice Recording Software You Use:I usually use skype or discord but I'm happy to use others.
A Few Specialty Subjects: Early 2000's videogames, football(soccer), old or bad movies, memes.
How To Get In Touch:
Send me a forum PM and we can chat over those or I'll give you my steam.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Your Name: Herr Tog or Tog I don't LP but love commentating. I've actually worked with Putty before in a serious capacity.
When You Are Most Often Available: evening or morning PST
What Voice Recording Software You Use: Audacity for recording, mumble talking. Can use skype but dislike it.
A Few Specialty Subjects: first person shooters, board games, economics, Spanish, Art and art creation, Japanese language and culture, outdoor activities, actual firearm poo poo, WW2 and Math
How To Get In Touch: Steam or i'm on mumble on monday evening

Herr Tog fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Apr 8, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Your Name Waffleman_, or Jeff
When You Are Most Often Available My timezone is Eastern. Right now, I should be good for Thursday evenings, Friday afternoons before 8, Saturday afternoons before 8, and Sunday afternoons before 5.
What Voice Recording Software You Use Audacity, Skype, I have a Discord but I haven't used it for voice yet
A Few Specialty Subjects Anime, RPGs, Adventure games, Japanese history/mythology, tabletop roleplaying, tokusatsu, I'm pretty much up for most things.
How To Get In Touch Twitter (@Waffleman_) or Steam

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Your Name: Bleusilences
When You Are Most Often Available:Eastern Time: Mostly weekends and weekday evenings schedule may vary but I will know a few weeks in advance what will be my hours.
What Voice Recording Software You Use: Audacity, Skype, can adapt to other software
A Few Specialty Subjects: Not a lot general gaming knowledge and pen and paper, general all rounder, like to discover unknown title.
How To Get In Touch: Steam, pm, or email bleusilences at hotmail dot com

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Your Name: Samovar
When You Are Most Often Available: 1800-2300 GMT
What Voice Recording Software You Use: Skype, but I'm willing to give others a shot if needed
A Few Specialty Subjects: Primarily genetics, to be frank, tho I've a good knowledge of film. Usual nerdy stuff
How To Get In Touch: Steam (steam name = S.A. name; I'll have the Peter Capaldi avatar)

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
:siren: NOTICE :siren:

Due to moving, and the uncertainty of future internet for the near future, I will be taking a break from updating the Co-Commentation Station for a wee while. I'll do my best to get back ASAP, though, so remember to PM with updates, even while I'm orff.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I cannot help out right now, as my step-sister's cat chewed right through the cord of my headset, the little bastard.

So yeah, I can't speak over voice till I get a new mic.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

And back, hopefully for a fair while!

Drakenel posted:

I cannot help out right now, as my step-sister's cat chewed right through the cord of my headset, the little bastard.

So yeah, I can't speak over voice till I get a new mic.

Gotcha, puttin' the ol' strikethrough until that's fixed, many thanks for lettin' me know, and I wish you the best in a) Gettin' a new mic, and b) Future cat proofing. :)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
After a long bout with health problems I... still have problems, but I'm on medical leave, am bored as gently caress, and wanna try this again. Let's do this.

I'm a lady with a very dry sense of humor and a voice that sounds like it should be calmly informing you a space ship is about to explode. If that's what you want for your LP, I'm your gal.

Your Name Anoia
Availability I'm EST but my sleep schedule is utterly hosed. Barring any doctor appointments or flare ups, I'll be around.
What Recording Software You Use Discord, Audacity, Mumble, Skype, whatever other weird program from 2004 you still use.
A Few Specialty Subjects I like to muse about what the gently caress game developers were thinking with certain design choices, I know trivia about a lot of subjects ranging from movies, game development, world history, and anime so on. I'm familiar with classic adventure games, JRPGs, FPS, and recent indie games, but will comment on anything blind. Except maybe strategy games.
How To Get In Touch PM on SA or via Steam (napalmkitten)

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

JamieTheD posted:

And back, hopefully for a fair while!

Gotcha, puttin' the ol' strikethrough until that's fixed, many thanks for lettin' me know, and I wish you the best in a) Gettin' a new mic, and b) Future cat proofing. :)

Future cat proofing may include murder, as I found the little rear end in a top hat also chewed through a separate pair of headphones, a fan cord, and a cord to a dart board. The cat is also four years old, so he has no excuse other than being an absolute fucker.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Drakenel posted:

Future cat proofing may include murder, as I found the little rear end in a top hat also chewed through a separate pair of headphones, a fan cord, and a cord to a dart board. The cat is also four years old, so he has no excuse other than being an absolute fucker.

Well you did say Cat so... They're assholes by nature.

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
Your Name - Flarp
When You Are Most Often Available - US Eastern time. It depends. Friday from 8 PM on, Saturday from 6-10 PM, and Sunday from 8 PM on are usually bad. The best time to grab me would be literally any other time, although around 10 AM to 3 PM give or take an hour may or may not be taken up by my job. I will know when I am and am not working for that given week and the week after, though, so we should be able to plan around that. My cutoff for trying to record anything would be around 1 AM.
What Voice Recording Software You Use - Audacity is my go-to, recorded with a Blue Yeti.
A Few Specialty Subjects - Major titles put out by Nintendo and Sony ever since the Game Boy Color and PS1, respectively, with a few lesser talked about games sprinkled here and there. I'm willing to do a little research if you don't want me completely blind for a project. My steam profile contains most of my PC game library, with the exception of Touhou and recent Blizzard games (as in, I haven't played their older stuff with the exception of Starcraft + Brood War). I have some game design knowledge by virtue of being a long time Extra Credits fan, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert. I've also been watching WWE since about August of last year if for some reason you're looking for someone who watches that crap.
How To Get In Touch - Steam, Skype (meta_kirby), Discord (flarp22#3760), and PM. Do note that I have been avoiding opening Skype unless I absolutely have to, so you'd be better off contacting me in any other way. I'll try to remember to check it from time to time.
Other Info - In order to get a good connection I have my computer set up in the basement, closest to where my router is. My connection is completely stable, but I will note that I occasionally get an issue with Discord where I start sounding like a robot (changing the server location back and forth fixes it). Sudden interruptions are uncommon, but chances are occasionally there might be the sound of my dad going up or down the stairs. He works from home in the next room over. I can be adaptable to a few different commentary styles with a preference toward being informative or insightful, but I will have my moments where a joke will just fly straight over my head even if it's an incredibly obvious one. So...maybe not the best for comedy, but I can certainly try.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Your Name : Rob , I am https://www.twitch.tv/rjderouin if you want to see what I do now
When You Are Most Often Available : I stream most nights at 9:00 PM EST. However I work in the game industry at conventions and will sometimes disappear during con season.
What Voice Recording Software You Use : I stream using OBS, you would connect to me through Discord.
A Few Specialty Subjects : I stream indie games then give out a free copy of that indie game to a viewer. Looking for someone knowledgeable about Indie Games and/or funny to do commentary about the Indie games.
How To Get In Touch : Shoot me an email at rjderouin@hotmail.com

Basically just looking for someone to bounce words off of and have fun with on stream. I notice that the streams where I have another person on with me are a good break from just me. Please just have a decent microphone and be able to show up when you say you will. I don't need commitments to every show I do just looking for fun guests to have a fun time with on stream every now and again.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Drakenel posted:

Update on that, I managed to jury rig a headset meant for consoles into working thanks to a certain kind of cord we had a spare of. So I'm tentatively available again.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
Being in other people's LPs is pretty much all I do anymore, so I might as well post here.

Your Name: UZworm

Available: Pretty much all the time, honestly. My schedule is mysterious and drifts like the waves on the dark ocean.

Software: I have Skype, Mumble and Discord.

Specialty Subjects: I like to think I can be put into pretty much any LP and get something entertaining out of it. I did about 5000 Descent videos, after all. I don't generally like or know much about RTS-type games, though.

Get In Touch: Dinging me @uzworm on twitter is the easiest way. You can PM me here, but I might take a bit to respond.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I don't know if it should be a guideline in the OP, but I think it'd be supremely helpful to anyone shopping for commentators if they were to post links to stuff they've been involved in. I know I'd be hesitant to reach out to a commentator without knowing what they sound like.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

I don't know if it should be a guideline in the OP, but I think it'd be supremely helpful to anyone shopping for commentators if they were to post links to stuff they've been involved in. I know I'd be hesitant to reach out to a commentator without knowing what they sound like.

It's good idea, and has been added to the OP as a general "Oh, hey, that's one way of sexing up said profile. :dance: " List update tomorrow, by the way. :)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I will be unavailable to record for the indeterminate future, thx.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
If possible, I'd like my profile to link to my LP of Shadow Warrior. Preferably with an accent warning and a note saying that I have acquired a new microphone since then.
edit: Thanks!

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 20, 2016

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

64bitrobot posted:

Hello I am a person and I like games :v:. I want to get into Let's Play but more or less don't have the patience for long hours of video editing most of the time.

Same. I like watching Let's Plays, would like to make them, but am terrible at playing games/too poor to buy current games/too lazy to edit video.

Your Name Whatever you want it to be, though I mostly go by "Chillbro Baggins" on the internet these days (and should here, I clearly won the popular vote in a mod challenge a few years ago, but Abe never changed my name).
When You Are Most Often Available Weekdays, usually 5am-11am US Central (Zulu -6, IIRC?) because I mostly work nights, but ~3pm-11pm for the next few months because I'm working days right now. Weekends, I'm flexible.
What Voice Recording Software You Use I'll use anything but Skype, it has too much crap running in the background (which shouldn't bother me with 16Gb RAM, but I hate them on principle, y'know?)
A Few Specialty Subjects I'm a drunk Texan, may have some comedy value for the British/Euro people (given the hours I keep). I mostly play/watch others play shooters and Minecraft, but I'll try talking about anything once. If you want me to make you look good in co-op/multiplayer, I have the entire Valve catalogue up to Portal 2, Saints Row 2-GooH, Trials Fusion, and Rocket League on Steam. Also Minecraft and Fallout: NV.
How To Get In Touch PM or my name here without the space at gmail.

Sample With desynched audio, this is why I don't make my own LPs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m4MsVkwjQY

Lear-the-42nd
May 6, 2013
Your Name: Lear the 42nd

When You Are Most Often Available: Pretty much whenever, right now

What Voice Recording Software You Use: Audacity

A Few Specialty Subjects: [History, Warhammer, Silent Hill, Souls games, I know a disgusting amount about video games and other nerdy crap in general. I've been a fan of a lot of the lpers on this site, and I've wanted to try and start one of my own. I figured this was a good way to start out and help acclimate myself.

How To Get In Touch: I guess message me on here

like the fifth edit in a row because I am bad at the internet: I forgot to say, I would like to co-commentate, as I am still a little new to this site and would like to get accustomed to things.

Lear-the-42nd fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 23, 2016

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
Hello, friends! Now that I'm in School Limbo, I have free time that I would love to take advantage of, by being your co-commentator! Thanks for reading.

Name Espresso Steampunk, Espresso, Steamy-P, or Evan.

Most Often Available Monday, Thursday, Friday and alternating Sats/Suns, 11am - 10pm EST.

Voice Recording Software You Use Audacity, OBS, and willing to learn others. I move my mouth (uncomfortably) close to my Turtle Beach headset, or Rock Band microphone with my dad.

Specialty Subjects Improv, Film Studies, Bad Puns (don't tell Geop). I personally like action/stealth, horror, zombies or comedic games. But I'm open-minded.

To Get In Touch you can PM this account, or espressosteampunk@gmail.com, or theninjainyourcoffee on Skype, or on Steam where it turns out you're not allowed to write "Steam" in your username.

Stuff I've done: Just now wrapping up my first offical LP called Father & Fun, an experiment where I make my dad co-commentate through Red Barrel Games' super-spooky Outlast. The quality has gradually increased since the first few episodes.

Espresso Steampunk fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 25, 2016

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I'm back to being a jobless bum for the time being so I'm now available to record basically any time agreeable.

JamieTheD posted:

It's good idea, and has been added to the OP as a general "Oh, hey, that's one way of sexing up said profile. :dance: " List update tomorrow, by the way. :)

I included a couple of links to LPs I've been in in my initial post, if that helps any.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I've also added links to stuff I've guested in as well as stuff I did with guests, and I added an extra statement concerning livestreams.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
So I'm going to put this out there, I looking for three other people for doing a 4 player run of Castle Crashers. What you will need is:

The game on PC
Skype or Discord
Audacity
Availability during the day on Mon or Tues or Late night (after 9pm PST) Fri, Sat or Sun. These will probably be 1 1/2 to 2 hour sessions depending on how much we we can do in one go.

I probably won't start this until about mid June as I still have a couple of sessions left for my current LP.

Message me ether through PMs or on skype if interested.

got my people.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 11, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
I've also updated my post with some LPs where I'm co-commentator. The post originally just linked to my LPs, and my commentary style is a bit different in the driver's seat than the passenger's.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost
Your Name: shibbotech
When You Are Most Often Available: I'm in Central US time (GMT -6), and work overnights. As a result, I'm free any time Thursday and Friday and noon to 10:30 PM Central Saturday through Wednesday.
What Voice Recording Software You Use: Audacity or Skype; have Mumble and Teamspeak installed; willing to learn others
A Few Specialty Subjects: RPGs, FPSs, looking up "fun facts"
How To Get In Touch: Skype me at "tobe1askone" or message me here

I don't have any LPs under my belt but I've streamed with a handful of guests for a few hundred hours, so I'm hoping my conversational and bantering skills can be translated to co-commentary.
Currently running a Trauma Center: Under the Knife LP here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779680

shibbotech fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 26, 2016

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Pulling my previous request for commentators since I think I'm good there for now.

However I am starting a double VLP thread of Rune Factory 4 and Story of Seasons. Both are informative and humorous, and I'd like to find co-commentators who are fans of Harvest Moon/SoS/RF, or at least somewhat informed on them or interested in the franchise(s). My two previous Harvest Moon LPs are good baselines of how both LPs will go.
Skype or Discord and a decent microphone are required.
PM me here or message me on Skype at thornbrain or Discord at ThornBrain#9230 if you're interested. My schedule is flexible but I tend to be around from Noon-Midnight Pacific, and I prefer to record in the afternoon or evening.

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

Okay, should be up to date rn, but will be "Away" for a week, maybe two while internet is re-established. I'll catch up when I get back, usual rules apply. :)

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Name: Highwang
Availability: Generally mid-day, usually 2-6pm PST
Voice Software used: Audacity. Usually clean audio & export to FLAC unless otherwise stated
Specialties: Game analysis & dissection, bad humor, being wrong
Contact info: Steam preferred (usually screen friend invites, so hollar on my profile if its urgent), There's also twitter and Discord (Highwang#0956)

Sample Commentary: Solo commentary for Grimrock 2, Co-commentating with StrawhatNO vs Skies of Arcadia

If you want a californian yuppie on your LP, feel free to hit me up.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jul 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greenfinger
May 23, 2016

Will love and/or eat you...
Name: Greenfinger
Availability: Hard to say officially, but lately I'm pretty much around afternoons and evenings MST.
Voice Software used: Skype and a Samson meteor mic
Specialties: Psychology, Internet Anthropology ( fandoms mostly), Amature Illustration 4x, Strategy, MMORPGs and Indie games
Contact info: Greenfinger on steam, but unless you explain yourself in a message I probably will ignore you, Greenfinger2.0 on skype, or you can email me at Greenginer1.0@gmail.com

Greenfinger fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 19, 2016