Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
Your Name: ShichiNoBushi (you can call me Shichi or "Sheech")
When You Are Most Often Available: Mid-day or Late Night in US-Central Time; I'm usually up past midnight
What Voice Recording Software You Use: I usually use Garageband but also have Audacity
A Few Specialty Subjects: I received my degree studying game design and development, so I should be familiar with game design and mechanics and comment on how well or poorly they are implemented. I favor RPGs but am open to all sorts of genres. I'm also a fan of anime and familiar with details of Japanese culture and language and will be able to share that if prompted.
How To Get In Touch: shichinobushi@gmail.com; I also use Skype and Discord with the same username (ShichiNoBushi).

I am both offering to be a co-commentator as well as looking for anyone offering their services for my own LPs. I find that alone, I'm often not very talkative, so I would appreciate someone to keep me talking or at least fill in otherwise dead air. I have already started an LP of Sengoku Basara on the Wii (linked here) and intend to sometime pick back up. I have also created a list of other games I'd like to LP (linked here) though at the moment, my PS3 broke down, and I won't be able to play any Playstation games until I get a new PS4 to replace it PS3 is currently replaced and I expect to get a PS4 soon and will include games for it when I acquire any.

I am also into tabletop RPGs, and if anyone is organizing anything involving that much like the LP D&D threads or 6 Feats Under's podcasts, I would like to participate.

ShichiNoBushi fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

mateo360 posted:

You do know the PS4 doesn't have Backwards compatibility right? You won't be able to play any of your PS3 stuff until you get another PS3.

Dang. I guess I'll have to save up about $500 instead of just 4 then. I hadn't looked into it and just assumed, but I'm not that surprised due to the different controller design. Too bad it's hard to find any backwards compatible PS3s that can play PS2 discs as well.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Check your local thrift stores or, if you have any in your area, local mom and pop game stores. I picked up a refurbished BC PS3 a few months ago from a secondhand game shop for like $180, so it's worth checking out if you can.

I already know where I can get a refurbished one for about $100, so I'll probably pick one up next week. And I can either wait to save up a bit more for a PS4 later. Now, that should be enough discussion of Playstations and such, and back to LP co-commentary personal ads.

ShichiNoBushi
Sep 16, 2010
I noticed someone added Blue Reflection to the LP request list, and I just to happen to have purchased a copy recently. Would anyone be interested in joining a blind LP of a game about magical girls that to my knowledge plays like Persona?