Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Suspicious Dish posted:

To be serious for a minute, one of the biggest issues in doing LPs has been time zones. I've edited my LP profile to include my zone and would recommend you do the same. Thanks!

I've had a lot of success coordinating from a Google Calendar for this stuff. Simply tell all commentators to fill out the times that they are available. Google Calendar will automatically translate all times into local times for whomever views it. After all the schedules are filled in, the organizer can set a time period to actually do something. Which will then be translated back to local time for anyone who goes and looks at it.

This is the technique that made it possible to set up a Space Marine co-op session with me from America, Roboky from Australia, and 2 guests from the UK and Argentina. It also caused this to happen:

Anyway, I apologize for not putting my info up here, but it's likely not fair to people if I take on any other projects right now. You can ask Lunethex, I'm pretty hard to pin down due to all the stuff I have going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i need to get my poo poo together and step my game up for a larger upcoming project the Time Warriors have got so i'm gonna throw my hat in there for commentary as well

Your name: Coolguy
When you are most often available: Weekday evenings from 9pm EST until midnight
Voice Recording Software: Whatever's fine, I've been doing this poo poo a minute
Specialty subjects: 14 year career in programming/computer science. 8 years in securities. Been running my own business for 3 years. Therapy dog trainer. Gaming for 26 years. Avid reader (400 hours of audible listening in the last 12 months, mostly non fiction and sci fi). My rear end works hard (i've frequently done two or more of these activities at once) and I've gotten a variety of experiences, and that's what you're gonna get if you work with me.
Contact methods: PMs, Discord (Coolguy#9779), Email (timewarriorslps on gmail dot coms), Mumble (I idle in the Payday 2 chat community on the Chugging the Stairs server at buttchugs.vodka, port 64738, password lljk)

I don't discriminate based on genre and have effectively done both rowdy commentary and thoughtful, quieter stuff. I'm not a fit if you're ironically playing a game you hate. If it's a bad game that you love for it's badness, fine, but if you hate the game I'm gonna be no fun. I'm happy to talk about specific projects to figure out what (if anything) I'd bring to the table.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 4, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

i do not have the time to participate this time around but i can vouch for tea as a hardworking, reliable, and personable dude. you would do well to work with him.