Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Infinity Gaia posted:

Don't forget that as a necessary part of plot progression you marry off a child-like automaton black mage to a weird frog-eating... Thing.

That part is optional I think, but everyone does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is the best news

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

In Training posted:

Dagger, Vivi, Quistis, Steiner, Beatrix...such a great cast

You forgot Dr. Tot.

(I'm sorry.)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's okay. I wasn't a fan of the big heads

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
whens it coming out

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Mega64 posted:

You forgot Dr. Tot.

(I'm sorry.)

finsih your lp pls

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Dagger, Vivi, Quistis, Steiner, Beatrix...such a great cast

quistis is from ff8 you tremendous fucker!!!!!!!!! die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I liked this a lot but I didn't like how off the rails it went later in the game. I know FF games usually go nuts towards the end but this felt moreso than the other ones I've beaten (VI and VII) and I didn't know wtf was going on.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I liked this a lot but I didn't like how off the rails it went later in the game. I know FF games usually go nuts towards the end but this felt moreso than the other ones I've beaten (VI and VII) and I didn't know wtf was going on.
It isn't complicated for a Final Fantasy game. There's an evil planet, Terra, that steals the souls from other planets. To this end, its leader (Garland) creates a big soul-stealing machine (the Iifa Tree), and a dude to make sure there's lots of people dying by ensuring there are wars (Kuja). Kuja decides he should be the boss instead, so he finds the one thing on Gaia (the not-evil planet) that can oppose Garland, the eidolons. Garland then creates another guy who can kill Kuja and destroy the entire world (Zidane), only he fucks it up and Zidane forgets everything. Kuja and Zidane return, separately, to Terra. Kuja blows up Garland and all of Terra, then decides to destroy everything else. So he goes to the origin of all life in the universe (the Crystal in Memoria) to blow it up. He succeeds, summoning the avatar of death (Necron), and Zidane and his friends beat up death because they have a chocobo that finds old swords for them under the ocean.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That makes it less complicated than 7, 8, 10, 12, and 13, and only a little more than 6.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I played through this recently ... the story and characters are cool, but the world seems super empty and not as interesting compared to the others

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

I played through this recently ... the story and characters are cool, but the world seems super empty and not as interesting compared to the others
It's actually awesome, you just missed a bunch of poo poo.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yea I didn't say it's complicated, just it goes off the deep end. I liked the world and characters and disliked the cosmic plot and planet of clones and how all that stuff about Zidanes Secret Clone Origin was retroactively revealed deep into the game.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Tender Bender posted:

Yea I didn't say it's complicated, just it goes off the deep end. I liked the world and characters and disliked the cosmic plot and planet of clones and how all that stuff about Zidanes Secret Clone Origin was retroactively revealed deep into the game.

Not saying ur not allowed to hate the plot, but the zidane clone stuff is not actually that bad, the reveals at the end really tie in the games story arcs and themes with the black mages and kuja wigging out. I thought it would be lame poo poo too but they do ok considering

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Not saying ur not allowed to hate the plot, but the zidane clone stuff is not actually that bad, the reveals at the end really tie in the games story arcs and themes with the black mages and kuja wigging out. I thought it would be lame poo poo too but they do ok considering

Nah that makes sense, and I don't hate it I actually really liked it up to a point which is why I care at all. Maybe on a replay I'll feel better about it, I just remember totally checking out and wishing everything was more grounded.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
the last ff i played was viii so im excited for this

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
ff9 is good

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I want to play this

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I like how it's tradition in the big city to lock the gates and fill the streets with giant dangerous beasts and watch from windows and balconies as people risk their lives hunting them. I'm probably misemembering that a bit but it was badass.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Tender Bender posted:

the moon is evil and kuja is evil, but in the last 10 seconds of the game you find out the real evil behind the evil is the chaos bug from final fanasy 1. bye

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I like how it's tradition in the big city to lock the gates and fill the streets with giant dangerous beasts and watch from windows and balconies as people risk their lives hunting them. I'm probably misemembering that a bit but it was badass.

No that's canon in the game and should be made into a real thing.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
can't wait to be reunited with my theater friends

my only beef with this game is that monks are great, but amarant feels like a real afterthought!

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Tarranon posted:

can't wait to be reunited with my theater friends

my only beef with this game is that monks are great, but amarant feels like a real afterthought!

He gets hosed over in development, yet the party's second summoner and pedo bait gets a whole chapter to herself

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i'm glad that te game i like will be on pc

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

He gets hosed over in development, yet the party's second summoner and pedo bait gets a whole chapter to herself
pedo bait

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Eiko is simply a little girl, please do not be rude to her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tarranon posted:

Eiko is simply a little girl, please do not be rude to her.
Proud Rat Mom wants to gently caress her.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

FactsAreUseless posted:

Proud Rat Mom wants to gently caress her.

She had some weird sexual lines about zidane that comes out of nowhere. I do not want to gently caress her.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
I do not trust Japanese game developers around children.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Proud Rat Mom posted:

She had some weird sexual lines about zidane that comes out of nowhere. I do not want to gently caress her.

you want to gently caress her

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

rediscover posted:

you want to gently caress her

Can't you read? I said I didn't. Dumbass.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Proud Rat Mom posted:

Iirc she thought zidane was cute and wanted to marry him or something childish like that

while marrying someone implies loving, you have to keep in mind the writers did not intend for it to be sexual in nature.

if you thought it was, please meditate under a waterfall until you're cleansed of your dirty brain

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

loving insane person: "This character has a crush, in the manner of a child. I can't believe how rawly, nakedly sexual this is. It's obscene!"

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I'm pretty sure there was some weird lines when they are in eikos house or some poo poo but I might be wrong and I don't care to argue about it lol.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Proud Rat Mom posted:

I'm pretty sure there was some weird lines when they are in eikos house or some poo poo but I might be wrong and I don't care to argue about it lol.

yea ok dude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*adjusts spectacles* It's weird for little girls to have crushes on men, that aren't me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

*adjusts spectacles* It's weird for little girls to have crushes on men, that aren't me.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
lol guys young girls don't go round chasing and proclaiming love for adults in real life you retards just anime. I must have clicked on badgame.net again haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

lol guys young girls don't go round chasing and proclaiming love for adults in real life you retards just anime. I must have clicked on badgame.net again haha
You accidentally clicked the home button?

• Locked thread