Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a top 5 FF for me. outside of XII (I'm assuming the X/X-2 ports will come to steam sooner or later because it's already on PS4) you can play every FF game on PC now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's got some of my fave locations and characters and music in FF but the battles have long load times and are pretty slow, so if that was just slightly faster it would be nearly untouchable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

It's also coming to smartphones lol.

[Citizen Kane destroying his home.gif]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm glad this exists at all though because there were stories of square basically tossing 90% of the assets of 9 to make room for Spirits Within and FFX and some people who worked on the game said a lot of the original backgrounds were just lost to time, which would be a shame since they're quite beautiful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dagger, Vivi, Quistis, Steiner, Beatrix...such a great cast

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quistis could at least eat people ... It's not that bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Goddamnit!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Was its name Quinoa or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's Quina. I'm going to rename her Quistis next time I play

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah sorry for misgendering Quina in my last post.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cripes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

why did u even need a 2nd summoner in ff9. makes no snese.

I never used eiko

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zidane, Garnet, Steiner and Vivi was my end game team.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the evil robot who turns good seems ok, but like you get him near the end of the game

He's cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reflect x2 is a cool skill and it's lame that other FFs don't have similar strats

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

aLSO , does flying around kefka's tower counter clockwise for 3 hours actually trigger the golden behemoth fight that drops the potion that lets u revive general leo???/

You may think I'm lying , but you can revive him by playing the entire first half of FF6 without saving and then resetting the game once you jump off the floating continent

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zidane has a funny line about wanting to pinch garnet's tush tush

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

if you make her eat one billion frogs in the swamp she can deal 9999 damage to anybody on command

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chocobo Hot and Cold and no.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah I forgot about that fake Triple Triad. Was it tetra something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sphere break is fun yeah. I've read you can get some insanely unbalanced progression in FFVIII if you play a lot of Triple Triad early which sounds cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Steam page http://store.steampowered.com/app/377840 mentions speed booster, so it will probably be like the FF7 release and make battles much much faster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This just came out today on phones, steam release will probably follow soon. Maybe they're waiting until after the sale ends so the release doesn't get lost in 10,000 ads for Russian made VNs and unfinished survival games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's on steam now. 20 bucks, on sale for 16.50 right now. I'm gonna look around and see how reviews are, if te port is good, but I'll probably pick it up

• Locked thread