Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Also they confirmed it has a speed-up mode and other "game boosting features" so probably the same stuff as FFVII like turning off random battles and boosting HP/MP/gil
The only cheat I want is the ability to find Chocograph treasures without having to dig up the graph if you know where it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Dagger, Vivi, Quistis, Steiner, Beatrix...such a great cast
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Quistis could at least eat people ... It's not that bad.
lmao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Goddamnit!!!!
Relax. In Brazil, she's called Quin Cheese.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I liked this a lot but I didn't like how off the rails it went later in the game. I know FF games usually go nuts towards the end but this felt moreso than the other ones I've beaten (VI and VII) and I didn't know wtf was going on.
It isn't complicated for a Final Fantasy game. There's an evil planet, Terra, that steals the souls from other planets. To this end, its leader (Garland) creates a big soul-stealing machine (the Iifa Tree), and a dude to make sure there's lots of people dying by ensuring there are wars (Kuja). Kuja decides he should be the boss instead, so he finds the one thing on Gaia (the not-evil planet) that can oppose Garland, the eidolons. Garland then creates another guy who can kill Kuja and destroy the entire world (Zidane), only he fucks it up and Zidane forgets everything. Kuja and Zidane return, separately, to Terra. Kuja blows up Garland and all of Terra, then decides to destroy everything else. So he goes to the origin of all life in the universe (the Crystal in Memoria) to blow it up. He succeeds, summoning the avatar of death (Necron), and Zidane and his friends beat up death because they have a chocobo that finds old swords for them under the ocean.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

That makes it less complicated than 7, 8, 10, 12, and 13, and only a little more than 6.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

I played through this recently ... the story and characters are cool, but the world seems super empty and not as interesting compared to the others
It's actually awesome, you just missed a bunch of poo poo.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

He gets hosed over in development, yet the party's second summoner and pedo bait gets a whole chapter to herself
pedo bait

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tarranon posted:

Eiko is simply a little girl, please do not be rude to her.
Proud Rat Mom wants to gently caress her.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

loving insane person: "This character has a crush, in the manner of a child. I can't believe how rawly, nakedly sexual this is. It's obscene!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

*adjusts spectacles* It's weird for little girls to have crushes on men, that aren't me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

lol guys young girls don't go round chasing and proclaiming love for adults in real life you retards just anime. I must have clicked on badgame.net again haha
You accidentally clicked the home button?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Black Baby Goku posted:

The child (who am I NOT attracted to) is so sexual!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Proud Rat Mom posted:

I'm sorry for ruining the thread guys
Isn't destroying something innocent your exact fantasy?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm sorry, that was too mean.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I never used eiko
She's a way better white mage but most people just never switch away from Garnet.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

can u swap out zidane? he's a schween, and not as cool as cloud, squall, tidus, the whore in the miniskirt from 12, or lightning
Only at the end of the game, but it's pretty worth it if you haven't leveled Thievery.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Why isn't this fag0t banned
It seems redundant to ban a severely owned man.

This post was NOT signed!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

I wish quina was better because I wanted to use the big retard in the chef hat with the whazaaap tongue
The Insomnia passive ability can prevent her Night spell from putting your own characters to sleep when it sleeps the entire field.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

i think ffix has the best world map theme in the series.
Especially on Disc 4. Also it has my favorite world map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Harrow posted:

Looking forward to adventuring with the best FF cast again and then still only using Zidane, Garnet, Vivi, and Steiner at the end because that's what I always do

Though I really like Freya, sometimes I replace Steiner with her.
Reis' Wind is way better than it should be because regen heals continuously through long spell and attack animations.

• Locked thread