Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

nm posted:

Even if you got paid a living wage, you wouldn't be paid enough.

A living wage is the minimum anyone should receive, from flipping burgers, stacking groceries, delivering pizza. Teaching and healthcare in my opinion should receive a hell of a lot more than that.

Went out for a meal with friends last night, literally the first time in a couple of years, yay :unsmith: even better when the bill came they forgot our drinks :yayclod:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

some texas redneck posted:

:stonk:
Yeah, that's beyond cooked, good thing you were home at the time. Only 11 years old and it did that though?
Yup was installed when the house was built in 2005. If it had happened last weekend it could have been more of a mess since I was on the other side of the country. It was trying to cycle when I woke up yesterday and dumping more smoke into the house every time. Not sure how much longer it would have tried but what a loving mess. New system will be installed Monday morning, put a nice dent in my toy fund but oh well. It did remind me I really need to replace my smoke alarms.

Geirskogul posted:

I'm not being humble here, but seriously, that's the life of a BLS ambulance.
EMT's don't get enough respect or pay, you guys are awesome. Luckily I've only had to be transported once (hospital to airport) but they were great.

Trials bike loaded up, head to the off road area in a half hour to burn a tank or two. Should be mid to upper 60's by the time I'm done riding.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I had something somewhat similar (in terms of smoke) happen years ago - my apartment got hit by a substantial surge during a storm while I was at work, and when I got home there was a good amount of smoke inside (every surge protector had visible damage, every 120V breaker tripped too - only damage was to a DSL modem, a microwave, and the contactor in the a/c). Smoke alarm was silent despite the visible smoke. :argh:

Pushing my luck more than a bit, but we have the original smoke alarms from 1994 in this house. They definitely work, too well actually - they go off every time we roast chiles in the kitchen, and I've set them off a few times by burning incense.

NitroSpazzz posted:

EMT's don't get enough respect or pay, you guys are awesome.

This.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 31, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I love mandatory 7am store meetings where I haven't slept for more than an hour and a half and get called on to talk.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Cage posted:

If you're going to drink clear alcohol (green gimmicks count as clear) it should be from the bottom shelf. Anything else is a waste of your drinking money.

Basically the darker the liquid the more you should spend on it.

It is clear. The alien head bottle is green.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Cage posted:

If you're going to drink clear alcohol (green gimmicks count as clear) it should be from the bottom shelf. Anything else is a waste of your drinking money.

Basically the darker the liquid the more you should spend on it.

Best thing about vodka is you can buy the cheap poo poo, run it through a brita a few times and wind up with primo vodka.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Tommychu posted:

Best thing about vodka is you can buy the cheap poo poo, run it through a brita a few times and wind up with primo vodka.

We did this a lot in college and while it will definitely be better it won't have the same taste as a real good vodka. Makes the cheapest bottom of the shelf garbage very drinkable though.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

NitroSpazzz posted:

We did this a lot in college and while it will definitely be better it won't have the same taste as a real good vodka. Makes the cheapest bottom of the shelf garbage very drinkable though.

When I was in college, I found that putting Smirnoff into Gray Goose bottles makes it taste exactly the same if you didn't know beforehand.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Set course for Coriana Six. Best speed.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Helping my GF and her sister move out of both of their houses into a new one. I'm walking like Keyser Sose right now.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

So I managed to sleep, no thanks to the smoke alarm. Pulled it down to take another look and...

the battery cover is blocked by the plug are you loving kidding me

guess ill go talk to the front office and make sure unplugging wont summon the cops or anything

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Notorious B.I.G. still good to this day. He's one of my favorites for wrenching. It's about 50 around here and perfect for wrenching. Good thing the jeep decided to poo poo a water pump gasket so I have something to do.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

wallaka posted:

When I was in college, I found that putting Smirnoff into Gray Goose bottles makes it taste exactly the same if you didn't know beforehand.
That's because Grey Goose is overrated.

I don't drink enough to bother cheaping out.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Enourmo posted:

So I managed to sleep, no thanks to the smoke alarm. Pulled it down to take another look and...

guess ill go talk to the front office and make sure unplugging wont summon the cops or anything

it shouldn't. I put those same detectors in my house. they are powered off the line voltage from the cable and will alarm if you took the battery out with them plugged in somehow anyways.

Yes there is line voltage present on those wires so be careful with them.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

SouthsideSaint posted:

Notorious B.I.G. still good to this day. He's one of my favorites for wrenching. It's about 50 around here and perfect for wrenching. Good thing the jeep decided to poo poo a water pump gasket so I have something to do.

Pandora's West Coast hip-hop station is my jam.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My GF now lives across from an S63 AMG.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

wallaka posted:

Pandora's West Coast hip-hop station is my jam.

I'm sure they play that east coast rapper all the time... Pandora is such a double edged music player. I have found a lot of artists. But then I'll type in a metal artist and get some screamo b s

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anyone want a stack of GRMs or Roundels?

I was going to send them to my Secret Santee last year, but I had forgotten about AI:SS and didn't want to ship 10lbs of magazines as a gag gift.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Enourmo posted:

They won't. It's only linked to the other smoke detectors in the apartment. I've yet to see a 120V detector that could be tied into a central alarm system.

If it was a monitored smoke detector, you'd have 24 volts and much thinner wiring (and likely 4 thin wires in a red jacket). There's probably a heat detector behind the ceiling somewhere that's tied into the building-wide fire alarm. The only thing that may happen is that it (and/or the others within the apartment) may sound briefly when you unplug it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Well in any case I brushed the button putting it back up after that pick, whereupon it started flashing (silently), I hit it and the light went out and it hasn't made a peep since. Problem solved I guess. :v:

Also holy gently caress not two days here and the office is already trying to jerk me around. My move-in inspection sheet I was told I had "24-48 hours" to get back to the office. Got it filled out yesterday, tried to take it up but apparently their site lists incorrect hours for the office so they were closed. Whatever.

Took it up again today and the first girl I talked to was like "Uh, no, it was 24 hours, you missed the deadline. We won't accept it."

"Uhh, okay, I was told 48, what can I do?"

"Ummm, what do you mean, 'do'? You weren't told 48, you were told 24, cause that's what it is. You missed the deadline, it's too late." and basically said tough poo poo, i didn't know what i was talking about, etc.

At that point I was starting to get pissed so I left, went back a few minutes ago and got someone willing to take it. Still, I'm really leery about this whole being fed wrong info and not owning up to it thing. If they're gonna jerk me around and try and squeeze extra money out of me for things that were already broken by feeding me incorrect info on how to document it, I might just be looking for a different place to rent come renewal time in July.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

SouthsideSaint posted:

I'm sure they play that east coast rapper all the time... Pandora is such a double edged music player. I have found a lot of artists. But then I'll type in a metal artist and get some screamo b s

Making new Pandora stations can be a pain because of that but once you like/dislike enough songs it zeroes in on what you want to hear fairly well.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Enourmo posted:

Well in any case I brushed the button putting it back up after that pick, whereupon it started flashing (silently), I hit it and the light went out and it hasn't made a peep since. Problem solved I guess. :v:

Also holy gently caress not two days here and the office is already trying to jerk me around. My move-in inspection sheet I was told I had "24-48 hours" to get back to the office. Got it filled out yesterday, tried to take it up but apparently their site lists incorrect hours for the office so they were closed. Whatever.

Took it up again today and the first girl I talked to was like "Uh, no, it was 24 hours, you missed the deadline. We won't accept it."

"Uhh, okay, I was told 48, what can I do?"

"Ummm, what do you mean, 'do'? You weren't told 48, you were told 24, cause that's what it is. You missed the deadline, it's too late." and basically said tough poo poo, i didn't know what i was talking about, etc.

At that point I was starting to get pissed so I left, went back a few minutes ago and got someone willing to take it. Still, I'm really leery about this whole being fed wrong info and not owning up to it thing. If they're gonna jerk me around and try and squeeze extra money out of me for things that were already broken by feeding me incorrect info on how to document it, I might just be looking for a different place to rent come renewal time in July.

Look up your state's landlord tenant laws. It will give the legal requirements for when it has to be turned in. Did you keep a signed (by both parties) copy of the document?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
It's raining in socal, so of course tv is interrupted every 8 minutes to tell us there's a thunderstorm warning.

I can look out the window and see that. Calm your tits.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Ahaha, 215/45R17 tires are significantly cheaper than 205/45R17s.

I guess I have no choice but to marginally improve my gearing and gain a bit of contact patch.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BraveUlysses posted:

Look up your state's landlord tenant laws. It will give the legal requirements for when it has to be turned in. Did you keep a signed (by both parties) copy of the document?

Yeah I've got a copy, just... ugh.

There's no security deposit here, any damages just get charged as additional fees on moveout.

Not seeing anything in Florida tenant laws about a specific timeframe for that sheet. I just know for a fact that the person who gave me my keys said "24 to 48 hours".

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

It's raining in socal, so of course tv is interrupted every 8 minutes to tell us there's a thunderstorm warning.

I can look out the window and see that. Calm your tits.

I dunno where you are but at least here in Pasadena it's especially absurd because this storm was a bust. ~.3" does not necessitate flash flood warnings you turds .

I'm just mad because I was planning to take the Jeep to look for a washed out road or a mudflow up in the foothills today :mad:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

I dunno where you are but at least here in Pasadena it's especially absurd because this storm was a bust. ~.3" does not necessitate flash flood warnings you turds .

I'm just mad because I was planning to take the Jeep to look for a washed out road or a mudflow up in the foothills today :mad:

Temecula-ish. I mean its raining pretty decent here, but nothing to the level of the warnings being sent out.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My GF's new house is so smalk and her stupid loving guinea pig cages take up so much room in the living room. So annoying.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Looks like the Aust post crew don't give a poo poo enough to snipe a new chat thread.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

nows my time to shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Six hours early, no less :bahgawd:

• Locked thread