Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Congrats, Rall. This is only bad insofar as the art is atrocious and the text overwhelms image composition.

Like, Rall has been doing a relatively good job of putting out non-poo poo opinions and not letting his narcissism and single-minded focus on certain issues poo poo up the page. He lets his terrible craft do the making GBS threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lady Naga posted:

There's a difference between something being political and being about politics, and redpill nonsense is firmly in the former camp.

That's a fair enough assessment.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Hi new thread. Have a Telnaes, this one about the upcoming coverage of the Cosby trial...

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Selachian posted:

Hi new thread. Have a Telnaes, this one about the upcoming coverage of the Cosby trial...

Between this, Tamir Rice, and the mass shooting that I'm certain we're due for within the next week, this new year is gonna get off to a great start!

:suicide:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Selachian posted:

I'm not sure if this is a timeless gem or something so general that it becomes meaningless.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Those chattering teeth in the media did it again. What a bunch of chattering teeth.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I decided, it's meaningless.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

So we begin another year of misery.

Rorus Raz posted:

[*]:siren: Chris Muir and Day by Day are banned from the thread. :siren: The mods feel that the increase of outright nudity mixed with MRA bullshit makes his cartoon unsuitable for the thread. If you must discuss Muir/DbD, then take it to the Bad Webcomics Thread.

Thank gently caress.

quote:

AGC: Shorthand for "A Good Cartoon." Basically, you intentionally interpret a comic with a fairly obvious bad message as having a good message. The original point of this was to poke fun at some of the really poor metaphors that some cartoonists were crafting, but the concept of AGC has been run into the ground. If you want to see some quality ones, Saint Sputnik has a blog dedicated to these.

I hope this hackneyed phrase is banned next.

/whiskeysours

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

dee eight posted:

Please note that JJRRRose is not the creator of Snuffy Smith. He'd have to be 140 years old or something like that.
I said it last year, so I'm glad someone else got it for the new thread. Dude is the thread's goofy pun grandpa, but he's not responsible for actual historic comic strip Snuffy Smith. It's like saying Gilchrist created Nancy.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
On one side, less Muir is good, on the other, banning bad cartoons seems like a bad presidence. I mean, most can be considered bad, yet we would miss the hatred and misery they add to the thread. I guess in an ideal world, people would just stop posting that shitstain, but I can see the need to regulate possession, and use of bad cartoons, as they constitute a clear threat to the common welfare, unlike guns, who apparently promote it.

QED; HAPPY loving NEW YEAR!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rincewinds posted:

On one side, less Muir is good, on the other, banning bad cartoons seems like a bad presidence.

jesus loving christ who cares

e: I recognize this line was probably not entirely serious, but it's come up every single time someone said "can we stop with this poo poo" in the past and I just don't have any goddamn patience for it anymore.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 1, 2016

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

spoon0042 posted:

Well I had to google "fuckbarn" because I didn't keep up with the last thread... and Jesus Christ Muir where is my whiskey.

The comics from a few weeks ago were revolting. Thanks to the mods for banning that crap. It really was just being too awful.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Rincewinds posted:

bad presidence.

????

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I'm sure the river of poo poo coming our way from a US election year, especially one in which Trump still hasn't gone away yet, will more than compensate for not having Muir around anymore.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Anyone have Kelly's Whiskey Sour reciepe? I remember actually got Sutton to come up with one.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rebochan posted:

Well I guess I'll do a toon dump a little early since the other thread is already closed. Call it a mega dump since there's no new toons in this thread yet. I dedicate this dump to the memory of Chris Muir.

He has a loving scythe! He's well equipped to deal with a dude with what appears to be a large butterknife.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm half-seriously wondering if we'll end up having someone insane/obsessive enough to create a gimmick account that pretends to be Muir that does drive-by posts of DbD in spite of the ban.

Not that I'd encourage them. As amusingly wretched as he is, even I thought he went way the gently caress too far into "irredeemable fuckwit" territory than he usually does with those more recent strips.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Rincewinds posted:

On one side, less Muir is good, on the other, banning bad cartoons seems like a bad presidence. I mean, most can be considered bad, yet we would miss the hatred and misery they add to the thread. I guess in an ideal world, people would just stop posting that shitstain, but I can see the need to regulate possession, and use of bad cartoons, as they constitute a clear threat to the common welfare, unlike guns, who apparently promote it.

QED; HAPPY loving NEW YEAR!

Muir wasn't banned becaude it was bad. poo poo, Henry is just as bad. Muir was banned because it was increasingly apparently MRA fanfiction and not about commentary on politics.

E: Wait you were joking never mind.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Rincewinds posted:

On one side, less Muir is good, on the other, banning bad cartoons seems like a bad presidence.

Muir's not been banned because he's bad, he's been banned because an increasing number of his strips are a) not safe for work and b) not political. (MRAism is not political, at least not in a vacuum.)

On which note: Pigman's done his first new comic in over a year, and for once it doesn't involve women!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

cripes he hasn't used the last year to get any better at drawing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gilganixon posted:

cripes he hasn't used the last year to get any better at drawing

Lack of practice. He seems to have the ranting screeds that are his main stick in trade these days down pat.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

Muir's not been banned because he's bad, he's been banned because an increasing number of his strips are a) not safe for work and b) not political. (MRAism is not political, at least not in a vacuum.)

On which note: Pigman's done his first new comic in over a year, and for once it doesn't involve women!

Where's the part about massively overhauling the healthcare system, thus removing the need for people to self-medicate? Nowhere? Get hosed pig.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Obama just announced that he's gonna executive order up some common sense gun control, poo poo is about to get crazy yall.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

jesus loving christ who cares

e: I recognize this line was probably not entirely serious, but it's come up every single time someone said "can we stop with this poo poo" in the past and I just don't have any goddamn patience for it anymore.

I have a feeling that the flood of "Hey, we banned Muir, let's also ban X" posts that will pop up every month or so will be worse than the Muirchat in the thread.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We'll forget about Muir in like a month

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Much like everyone else in his life

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Well I like that his garbage was banned and that people can't shut the gently caress up about him.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Gorrell really switched up his art style for this one.

bitey
Jul 13, 2003

Tell the truth and run.
Enos, what a lazy gently caress.

Also, it took me forever to find pants donkey in the first image in this thread.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

PassTheRemote posted:

The comics from a few weeks ago were revolting. Thanks to the mods for banning that crap. It really was just being too awful.

God forbid someone posts something awful on these forums.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

WE ARE ANGRY ABOUT POLITICAL CARTOONS

WE ARE ALSO ANGRY ABOUT THIS ANGER

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Well I like that his garbage was banned and that people can't shut the gently caress up about him.

It's only the third page in a new thread that lasts an entire year and it's kind of a landmark rule, it's pretty early to start complaining that people are talking about it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

bunnyofdoom posted:

The Fuckbarn was a "storyline" in day by day, wherein our rugged self suficient hero bravely took over his Dad's ranch that was the size of half of texas for no money, kicked his dad out of the barn he was living it, and turned it into a country club. Of course the thread, after getting constantly blueballed by it, started speculating an exclusive club ina barn in rural texas would be used exclusively for gay sex.

I think my favorite part was him making his fifty year old wife dress in skimpy clothing to serve rich white men. Not to say older women can't be attractive, but I'm pretty sure their clientele want someone young and perky to slap the rear end of.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Jurgan posted:

I think my favorite part was him making his fifty year old wife dress in skimpy clothing to serve rich white men. Not to say older women can't be attractive, but I'm pretty sure their clientele want someone young and perky to slap the rear end of.

Was it her or her mother who was in the internment camps?

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.
As one of those who called for the banning of Muir months ago...thank you!

I wonder what effect this will have on his page views, now that none of us are going to dig in his cesspool.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Obama just announced that he's gonna executive order up some common sense gun control, poo poo is about to get crazy yall.

What do ya know, the pen is mightier then the sword. :v:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad Muir's banned from this thread, it should've happened ages ago.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I can't wait until the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the right wingers about Obama's "tyranny" of not allowing them to spew more platitudes and bow before their NRA masters.

Wanamingo posted:

I'm glad Muir's banned from this thread, it should've happened ages ago.

When a man writes about his characters raping their wife to punish her for saying something positive about welfare, it's time to see that he's not even worthy of being laughed at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Happy new year! May this be the year that Barry returns!

:getin:

• Locked thread