Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Based purely on anecdotal evidence, I would say go with electrician.

Two friends of mine went to school to learn how to drive tractor trailers. Each paid over 30k, I imagine. Maybe 45k. It's been over two or three years. One is a server and the other works in a machine shop. I'm not saying they won't ever find steady work, but they have not so far.

The local trade school charges from $1,000 to $3,000 for various electrician courses, with hands-on work so you're not useless as an apprentice. Although given that you have military experience, I imagine you're not useless as most new apprentices are. On the other hand, army... (just kidding)

Seems like a low risk, low reward, BFC approved way to go.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

over the road is a great way to destroy your body and your health.

+relationships

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread