Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street is a daily one-panel by Jerry Van Amerongen that offers glimpses into the lives of the people that live in a particular suburban neighbourhood. In practice, it reads like a man having a new yorker caption contest with himself and losing.

Still better than Bizarro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

gently caress you Piraro.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This gives me mixed feelings for once.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Julet Esqu posted:

This is very true, though I still wonder who the Evanses expect us to be siding with. If they are aware of how their title character is coming off and it was intentional, then that's fine. They don't have a great history of being able to tell which of their characters are and aren't being utter dicks, though, so it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don't understand who this boring rear end fight is supposed to entertain.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Endless patience. Sheesh.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Suspicious Cook posted:

Boomerangs always come back, Luann.

This joke also works if it just returns to Quill. I am sure that was not intentional because it is actually mildly amusing.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dismas posted:

Do you think Guy Gilchrist feels good about himself for writing and drawing this

Just two panels of nothing

This guy hates Saturday

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Let me tell you why you're stupid and crazy for doing something I haven't bothered to try

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

For some reason Charlie Brown slinging his strip over his shoulder is funny to me.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Prudence has a weird character design even for Greg Evans. I'll just hope it is an homage to a lesbian he knows.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Yeah, aren't they breaking up because he got a loving part on a touring production?

What a selfish rear end in a top hat, chasing his dream.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Green Intern posted:

Man, Luann really does not give a poo poo about her breakup with Quill.

She's the worst.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

3way in Bernice's is implied no matter what is shown

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Rather than focus on the frankly unintelligible lovers rhombus-- what the gently caress is Tiff wearing?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

F Minus is so consistently good.

It's my favorite for sure. I know his study in Otterloops is old news but

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Green Intern posted:

I think they tried to tell two jokes, and failed at both.

Even worse two days running the joke has been-- brown people think they are good at negotiating whatever but in reality society (white men) are forced to coddle them.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hey, Tiff's socks make more sense today. Gunther is still insufferable.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I like how simple the pun is.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hee hee

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

mastersord posted:

It's not the homeless-ness but his "un-attracted" -ness and his fabulous sense of taste.

He has stubble. Gunther has stubble. Do I have to draw a freakin' diagram?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Selachian posted:

The achievement is a bit less impressive when you realize that Wawa is only in six states, so it's not like it was a massive road trip.

They do have great sandwiches, though.

And they're those puny Eastern states right? Pfft.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Piraro is one of those douchebags who wears a trilby with plaid shorts and he's going to criticize someone else (possibly for dressing too black).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I would read a comic about quill and dirk the garbage man being roomies.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Taear posted:

And I think I like Luanne. I just want to know what happens next. I am a bad person.

I hate it and I still want to know what happens next. I think you're better off.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

F Minus

There is a US 202 that goes through some northeast states, but I'm not sure if that classifies as a true "Interstate."

Carillo operates out of the Valley of the Sun, or he used to, so probably AZ 202.

edit: Chandler isn't really parallel but I can imagine scenarios.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That is one rough chuckle.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Which mst3k is that?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'm sorry, Quill. You almost made it out. :smith:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

This is not funny. This is not cute. This is not entertaining. Why does this continue to exist?

:colbert:

The old people keeping newspapers afloat find comfort in continuity.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I want to believe no one has ever honestly described themselves as boy crazy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Howard Beale posted:

Whoa! Polly Ballew is a definite Bob & Ray shout-out if ever there was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64yX58_wJg

Not enough foundries cast ingots with the housewife in mind these days.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Doonesbury panel seems apt. I like Doonesbury so it's not meant as a burn.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

dismas posted:

this rules, Morrie ruled.

I have mixed feelings but not about Morrie ruling. He definitely did/does.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

For some reason I looked up the origins of Worry Wart and that phrase comes from an Out Our Way character. Sorry if you guys discussed this and this is ancient news.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

When did pluggers morph from blue collar, salt of the earth types to elderly shitheads (hi mom!)?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Did I already say fussbudget is a word I have always liked?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Cranky Shafterbean

The tension meter is pegged at zero.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This is going back a few Luann's but was anyone else bothered by the phrasing "I should ask out Piro"? I feel like normal people ask people out but I am ready to be wrong on this one.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

If Luann ends up with Piro I don't even know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Trent posted:

Are people mad about the mere mention of S J W in Dilbert? I would be certain that the character was the butt of the joke and meant to look like a complete tool if it weren't for the fact that PHB is interviewing him, and his one character trait is usually "wrong about everything". The dialogue seems pretty against Officer Murphy there. This feels a bit like Dick from the internet or whatever.

The strip is still guilty of being bad for other reasons ie bland, boring, dumb

The dumbest guy in the office is shown "owning" the "SJW" and you think it's a burn on the PHB? Not likely.

No one seems too mad, just disappointed.

• Locked thread