Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dismas
Jul 31, 2008

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Between this lumpy guy and Amphibious Action Fivehead Ken, it's looking like James Allen has been putting real people in the strip so they can fulfill their lifelong dream of hanging out with a muscly outdoorsman cartoon character. Whether he's just drawing his fat dad buddies for laughs or earning some cash on the side from internet perverts remains to be seen.

I think it's fat dad buddies and that fact makes me really happy for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Gasoline alley is just...so lovely. The only reason Nancy might be worse is because it was good and Gilchrist made it bad but I'm pretty sure GA has always just been irredeemably awful.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

This makes no goddamn sense and, honestly, I kind of love it for that. I guess I'm requesting a Red and Rover if such a thing is even possible?

I took it to mean that the fact that it's grape has no obvious bearing on the balancing act and both CB and Snoopy are confused that Lucy is acting like it does.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

"I'll show those fuckers over at Prince Valient" the embittered Ripley's cartoonist muttered to himself

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

Abbott and Costello meet Mark Trail

Mark piping up with animal facts is straight out of a R Ubbish edit

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

"I thought she meant the kind on four legs! Y'know, the kind that often hunts in the evening. They're not really a threat to adult humans but you should be careful about pet cats or dogs if you live around the four legged kind. That's all I know, I read it in Zoobooks."

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Yeah it's a bit weird that they didn't do more nature stuff first?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Skippy (November 30-December 1, 1928)

both the second and third panels of this own

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

I love Calvin's dad. Also that middle strip is one of my favorites.

also RIP jackelrod

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

I was going to post my daily round of comics, but gently caress it, this is all you need to see.

Ernie Bushmiller is your God, your God is dead

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

mark looks pretty okay with this turn of events tbh

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Look at that fuckin dog

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

]Nancy[/b]

Do you think Guy Gilchrist feels good about himself for writing and drawing this

Just two panels of nothing

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

DON'T KNOCK MY SMOCK OR I'LL CLEAN YOUR CLOCK

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Four (May 10-12, 1954)

I can't believe Charlie Brown's loving dead

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Mary Worth only reads the large print edition of Reader's Digest and you know it.

quote:

Rex Morgan MD

Rex I realize you're used to relying on the kindness of strangers but this is one of those situations where maybe you should consider paying someone to inspect a house you're considering purchasing, and thus will not need to worry about whether or not these two old crazy people think it's structurally sound

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Four (June 17-20, 1954)

Yeesh.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

old dude's buried a bunch of pirate gold or something under the house, right? and the dog's gonna dig it up after the morgans takes possession.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Chimeric posted:

That's an interesting semicolon.

.'D

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

haha everett is such a dick

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

I like the art in the Phantom a lot

but i also like the goofiness of "man who thinks purple spandex outfit with skulls and a mask isn't subtle instead walks around in his LARP cloak like nobody'll think that looks weird either"

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

It's time for another, brief round of "Taiwanese Elementary School Kids Reinterpret Comics!"

I love these!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

The Sunday strips are spilling over!

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Bryan loving Adams, huh? Lots of boomer nostalgia for the guy who wrote the song from the Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie?

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Feiffer is some rough chuckles man

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

I'm slightly worried about the future of HLTS :(

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

fuckkkkkkkkkk

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Wow gently caress this poo poo

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Kumaton posted:

It's so weird to think there was a time in relatively recent history where people just carried hatchets in cities.

Someone's not down with the clown

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

plainswalker75 posted:

It's being said ironically, to make fun of people that believe just that.

I may be falling afoul of poe's law here in Trump's America.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

That seems like it'll be an art upgrade for sure.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

It's weird that Dawn looks like an actual person who is not dressed by her grandma

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

:psyduck:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Aardmania posted:

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

:unsmith:

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Slammy posted:

Wee Pals

this rules, Morrie ruled.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

This is so dumb and I love it.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

I feel like HLTS is going to end :( the shop maybe closing is a little too on the nose.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Haha what garbage

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Command Ant posted:

They're finally out of that god drat cave.

Now we just have to contend with six months of oceans facts as they tread water aimlessly.

"Facts"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Five (February 7-9, 1955)

There's something sort of Nancy like about these.

• Locked thread