Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Aaaaand we have our first "I checked and it isn't an edit".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

This is gonna be one of those reader vote things, isn't it?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

God:drat: that's the edit masterclass right there.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Gilchrist :ohdear:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

Ha ha! It's funny because some unlucky person is going to have to sit on that seat cushion on the next flight!
I think after a 9CL character has been on board you just write off the plane.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cause if it isn't, you ain't getting poo poo, like Jesus would want!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You feed your dogs by putting perfectly good human food in the garbage and letting them knock the can over.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I like that Gilchrist thought he needed a whole panel of exposition on what a thermos is. Can't assume too much existing knowledge when you're making a SOME GIZMO strip!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Someone used to post Milt Gross strips quite regularly for a while. We definitely had a whole bunch of Count Screwloose, Banana Oil and Dave's Delicatessen. It's been a long long while though, maybe even the thread before last.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

"Buddy, I've got a stud farm upstate, and there's a job opening with your name on it. All you gotta do is suck off the stallions. It's a buck an hour, take it or leave it."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

:stare:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has a close call.

And then they get sued by Konami.

"Call us again when it's a black one" :cop:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What the gently caress. Was just talking to a buddy the other day and saying, if they really come in threes and loving David Bowie is only #2, I'm bracing myself so hard you have no idea.

Lotta folks posted Death quotes when Terry Pratchett died; turns out the appropriate one would have been the "think of it as beating the rush" one.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

After having Sagendorf's Popeye in this thread for years, I feel like I'd give him a fair chance.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

YOU LEAVE THE 80S THE HELL ALONE, GILCHRIST

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

While I realize there are other models, I'd still like to point out that the two most famous ones, the Beetle and the Camper, are rear-engine.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

goatface posted:

She's been shouting at nothing and doesn't even know where her children are.
With "outside in the snow" such a safe bet, too.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

I sometimes think about what the quickest, surest way to profit from time travel would be. Stock tips are an okay idea, but they still require some up-front capital and take time to pay off. Obviously if you've got a reusable time machine waiting's no problem, but what about a one-way trip like this one? You can't bring back any technology to reverse-engineer, either.
Lottery?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The tetris pieces are beginner level :colbert:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Things have really gone downhill for Bill Watterson, but at least it's not his drawing hand.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Actually describes my job rather accurately.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slammy posted:

Gay and Her Gang
I was starting to miss the recurring Prince Valiant joke and I hope this will make up for it.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

drat, even with the wonky art the strip suddenly looks 1000x better that way.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Progressive for its time, indeed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

First sensible idea this comic's ever had.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Every time I think he's finally hit a plateau he pulls out something like this.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

On the one hand, it's impressive. On the other: does it really count if the blindfold is the whole reason it took 100 hours?

:stare:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Whereas I thought that the emphasis on time was a red herring, and the real solution would turn out to be that one of them worked at the jewelry store, robbed the place and smashed the window to make it look like a break-in, but did it from the inside so the shards are outside.

e: you know what, the first guy doesn't have an alibi either. All he's saying is that he watched TV before the outage, but the two hours of outage themselves are unaccounted for.

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Feb 8, 2016

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's sounded; wikipedia even has a pronunciation guide.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

But is it also a request to get a radish shoved up one's bum in the right context?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

WHERE THE gently caress, IF ANYWHERE, IS THIS ARC GOING

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So what's the general sentiment in the office about Nancy?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I hope by gasproof they mean it has a filtration system and/or closed oxygen circuit and not "well, a tube of silicon sealant is 5 bucks and we can pocket the difference..."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

1931? Get your facts straight, Ripley, you're practically dealing with eyewitnesses here.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Goddamn, the Luann comment threads are turning on the strip fiercely.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

mastersord posted:

Let's get Gillchrist to help write the story and dialogue!
Eh, at least he wouldn't ruin anything good.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

I was thinking recently and realized that I read everything in this thread except Piranha Club. I don't know why that's the one exception. I mean I know it's bad, but I read plenty of bad comics here. That one though, nope. I just automatically scroll right by that one. I don't even think twice about it.
The human brain is able to come up with such interesting self-preservation mechanisms.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXWsPXVZiA&t=279s

(4.40)

(actually, everything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

All this time I thought Barnaby was a British strip :psyduck:

e: all this time the American police uniforms and references to the FBI didn't tip me off :psyduck::psyduck:

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread