Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
What in the actual gently caress, Jam Esallen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

H. Jon Benjamin for Rip or nothing!

I never thought of it that way before, but this is the most right anyone has ever been. In relation to comic strip character voices.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mark Trail laughs off the casual murder of a large number of armed assailants and their fancy toys.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

WHERE THE gently caress, IF ANYWHERE, IS THIS ARC GOING

It's not an arc, is a straight line.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

It looks like the guy's great obfuscation plan has just went down the drain.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

That's not how chameleons work. That's never been how chameleons work.

It is, however, exactly how cuttlefish work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgDE2DOICuc

I too, would love for there to be a Cuttlefish in that comic.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Sharay posted:

One hand didn't know what the other was doing.

While it is the hand that has a secret, I've always thought it went the other way around and was fully prepared to be all smug. Now look at me, I'm having to link the Bible.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Evil Mastermind posted:

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix saves the future.

Jeb! It Connotes Killing Baby Hitler!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's Lazy Guy too, because when I think Lazy Good For Nothing Assholes, I think the Terror of the Delta Quadrant, Captain Kathryn Janeway.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

I can't even be angry at this anymore because it's just one of the 6-7 solution structures Inspector Danger rotates through. (The security camera is definitely the most overused.)

I'm sad this isn't one of the Inspector Danger solutions that ends up with the Inspector just kind of declaring one of the suspects guilty and then claiming he confessed during interrogation. Makes me fondly remember the days of Shylock Fox and his vendetta against the underclasses and raccoon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers refuse to understand foreign culture.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers bodies are slowly succumbing to the ravages of age, alone and unloved.

Holy poo poo.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

treasureplane posted:

King Aroo (March 12, 1951)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tpn-ZGL8Ok

I haven't really payed much attention to King Aroo until now.

Manuel Calavera posted:

Dilbert

I like this guest artist.

Reminds me of the Dilbert animated series in a good way and I couldn't really tell you why.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

For all their pretensions of blue collar wisdom, Pluggers fail to realize the potential of fusing the old with the new.

Yeah, no, yours was better.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers have given up on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers personal lives have atrophied to the point that their only interaction occurs during maintenance.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

To Pluggers, time is an endless abyss of misery and pain.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers value their pets, as they stay with them until death.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers are parasites, adopting the surface cultural mores of those they are around, and resenting it.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Plugger poverty is worthy of more smug superiority than modern conscientiousness.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I am going to be so disappointed in the Phantom when we ignore all these interesting plot lines (and the Himalayas one) and instead focus on the same story of the same Phantom smirking his way across the abyss of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

treasureplane posted:

We justifiably give Gilchrist and McEldowney a lot of guff, but sometimes I wonder if Anne Gibbons' Six Chix strips aren't the actual worst thing in this thread.

It is certainly the one with the least effort in writing and artwork. It is both advantaged and disadvantaged by being in the Six Chix lineup, because we only see it once a week, but it is still obviously the weakest of the strips produced for that comic.

• Locked thread