Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

We're all heckler's.

And we're all disturbed.

GTFO.

Please, if you could.

Otteration fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

My Imaginary GF posted:

One of my greatest accomplishments working in fundraising was getting anti-nuclear folk to pay $1,200 to attend a breakfast at a lobbyshop hosted by nuclear power plant operators.

:golfclap:

I assume you told them they could make their case to the evil nuke people and make them recant for a scant $1200 but then all they did is ruin a few peoples' dinner conversation but hey whatever

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Anyone who won't go along with Japan-style gun control should be killed in a civil war.

I'm just curious: what's it like to be the sort of person who would have read Dred Scott v. Sandford and gloated loudly to all the abolitionists he knew about how this stunningly brilliant and obviously correct masterpiece (masterpiece, I tell you!) of legal reasoning meant it was clearly and unambiguously his right to own other people as property? I assume it kind of hurts to be so out of sync with reality but it's the sort of background pain that goes mostly unnoticed until it's gone like a cyst that fills up slowly.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Regarding the discussion on Vermont a few pages back:

Do not talk about Burlington / Chittenden County politics. You cannot understand it. You can take away that Sanders gamed a hostile environment using young people. That's it. To discuss anything about Vermont's (continuing) demographic shifts or how Burlington is a tiny town is monsterously dangerous if you consider yourself someone who sees oversimplification as a slippery slope. Vermont in general is weird. Municipal politics of Burlington proper cannot be discussed without including the growth of a transplant upper middle class in Essex and South Burlington with the growth of GE Healthcare and IBM in those areas. Before you go all "Exactly! The state was changing!" on me here, Fishmensch, understand that you have quite literally no insights demonstrated in the last nine pages of posts that would indicate that you grew up in or were involved in political action in VT in the 90s and 00s. Who those transplants were and how they were changed by the environment and pace of south / east Chittenden County is complex. This does not begin to touch on literal hippie migrations in earlier times.

I'm glad the discussion about Vermont had largely died down here. I wish to add this nail to the coffin to help keep it closed. It's weird and frankly not all that relevant. The only important takeaway is that Sanders has, at one point in the past, worked under opposition to eliminate opposition by attrition. The US does not at large resemble Burlington / Chittenden at all, so talking about the methods employed in any context greater than those boundary conditions is not helpful. The history of Chittenden politics is very much written by the victors.

As an aside, I'm fairly certain at this point Fishmench isn't all that complicated an entity. It's simple: he does not challenge himself with respect to quality control. I don't think he actually realizes when he puts words in other people's mouths; the people he's debating with and who he thinks he's debating with are two very different entities.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
Of all the lovely tearful rants about what the worst Supreme Court decision of our time is, the one where they ruled that "the people" should not in fact be read to mean "ARE TROOPS exclusively" is maybe not the worst choice, but it really is the funniest.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I think Iowa's had enough.

"The man pretend to vomit in the trash cash."

Sup losers, my state just got blown by every politician in America. poo poo was so trash.

Killer robot posted:

Of all the lovely tearful rants about what the worst Supreme Court decision of our time is, the one where they ruled that "the people" should not in fact be read to mean "ARE TROOPS exclusively" is maybe not the worst choice, but it really is the funniest.

If you haven't served I don't see why Amendment _____ should apply to you. Would you like to know more?

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

Rhesus Pieces posted:

I think Iowa's had enough.

Was that man a sitting senator because that reaction sounds like he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
New thread is open. Sorry it's 12 minutes late.

• Locked thread