Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Guavanaut posted:

e: Who is anime granddad?

probably also someone's bad uncle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
An uncle and a grandad? Don't be absurd.

nothing to seehere posted:

It all depends if you see violence as always bad, or not. I don't see violence as inherently bad, just that it leads to bad outcomes. It is perfectly possible, to achieve good outcomes with violence or its threat.

Life is violence.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

I tried to get it to suggest David Cameron dead pig and it suggested "David Cameron Iggle Piggle" instead

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
TBF the 'looks like Iggle Piggle' meme has been around a lot longer.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Namtab posted:

I see violence as inherently bad. I do accept that sometimes there's no other way to achieve a positive outcome though.

Look at this loving Liberal.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This thread is about pissflaps, not me

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

JFairfax posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o38R8i5Af_Y

I mean this looks quite well thought out

Yeah, they've got referees and everything. Seems perfectly fine to me, a few lads looking to get a bit of fresh air and exercise in a spirit of friendly competition, and providing a bit of entertainment for the locals at the same time.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I don't like violence at all but this thread has convinced me the antifa are basically heroes whatever their reasons for turning out.

I can't think of a better way to describe people who are literally stopping Nazis from running riot in our streets anyway.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Well, my estate made the ITV news this evening. I've had to deal with the Peabody woman they interview myself- she's also lying through her teeth: the meter etc have all been fixed, they're literally just refusing to reinstate supply.

https://www.yousendit.com/download/ZWJXcmxVNXZWRDlOeDhUQw

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Catharsis isn't actually good for you.

Bashing fash is, though.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Namtab posted:

I was more referring to the pipe. I'm happy it all worked out for the best though.

There was just a random pipe lying next to a radiator and when I snapped, I just saw it and picked it up.

Not sure if I would of hit him with it or not but considering I tend to do first rather then think when i get pissed, I'm preety sure I would of smacked him with it.

I'm not really someone that wants to be violent really even though I may come across as one. I can't really hurt anyone weaker or someone innocent even if I had the right to because I'm just not that type of person. I don't see any honor, logic or pride doing so. I control my anger a lot better then I used too but I am prone to snapping when physical contact is involved. I suppose my mother dealing with a lot of poo poo in her life while going through a lot of pain has made me very sympathetic towards those in similer situations and hence it rubbed off on me.

Basically.

OwlFancier posted:

Though I never quite got the whole releasing anger being healthy thing. Whenever I released my anger I tried to kill people, fortunately I was a hilariously pathetic child and unable to actually kill anyone.

But yeah releasing anger never did me much good.

I was the same too. The whole "take a breather/Count to 10/squeeze on this ball" poo poo never worked on me because I found it ridiculous, mocking and only makes me feel more frustrated that it dosen't work.

It's only when I started biting my hand that I finally found a way to control my temper a lot better. The feeling of my skin being biten hard while I try pulling it with my mouth and just focusing on it has made me from snapping at someone because I found a substitute to put all my anger on. I can feel the soreness I need, I can feel the satisfaction from biting skin and I can do it at anytime I want to.

Of course, because I've been doing it often when I get angry for a long while means the skin of my hand is now very cracky, dry and red to the point it may bleed sometimes if I bite it again.

OwlFancier posted:

Why the gently caress are russian football hooligans re-enacting middle-ages formation battles?

Because why not?

Much more honorable to fight evenly.

JFairfax posted:

footy hooligans should just pretend they're LARPING or recreating historical battle, like for instance they could recreate famous street fights of the Weimar Republic

big scary monsters posted:

Yeah, they've got referees and everything. Seems perfectly fine to me, a few lads looking to get a bit of fresh air and exercise in a spirit of friendly competition, and providing a bit of entertainment for the locals at the same time.

This is actually something I can get behind.

Just footy hooligans pretending to be gladiators fighting each other to settle their footy differences while refs, bouncers and medical staff are there to keep attention when need be. Hell the footy hooligans can have their own managers.

It's like MMA but amature and more chaotic.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I liked the bits where he cites himself.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Namtab posted:

Well it is a post on the internet, at least he's honest about who his argument from authority is.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

I was the same too. The whole "take a breather/Count to 10/squeeze on this ball" poo poo never worked on me because I found it ridiculous, mocking and only makes me feel more frustrated that it dosen't work.

It's only when I started biting my hand that I finally found a way to control my temper a lot better. The feeling of my skin being biten hard while I try pulling it with my mouth and just focusing on it has made me from snapping at someone because I found a substitute to put all my anger on. I can feel the soreness I need, I can feel the satisfaction from biting skin and I can do it at anytime I want to.

Of course, because I've been doing it often when I get angry for a long while means the skin of my hand is now very cracky, dry and red to the point it may bleed sometimes if I bite it again.

If you frequently feel angry to the point where you use self harm as a coping mechanism then I sincerely urge you to see your GP.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Self harm works pretty well for a lot of stuff, just don't do it to the point you actually damage yourself.

Pain though works well for keeping you awake.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Namtab posted:

If you frequently feel angry to the point where you use self harm as a coping mechanism then I sincerely urge you to see your GP.

You're not the first to suggest that.

But I found something that works and I rather keep it that way. Even if I went to the GP, I will probably keep doing it anyway. I have Grip strengthers and stress balls and they only work a little bit, but not enough. I've listened to calming music and ambient tracks that I use to relax but again it dosen't work at that moment.

I tried doing without it and during a martial arts class I punched a brickwall through sheer frustration instead.

I'll keep the biting technique thanks.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Post the pain away.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Post the pain away.

If I do that it will be put on the OP of the Scotpol thread.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Pissflaps posted:

Post the pain away.

Only post in good faith

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Pissflaps posted:

Post the pain away.

Pissflaps's raison d'etre is revealed.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Reading the UKMT is a form of self-harm.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Extreme0 posted:

This is actually something I can get behind.

Just footy hooligans pretending to be gladiators fighting each other to settle their footy differences while refs, bouncers and medical staff are there to keep attention when need be. Hell the footy hooligans can have their own managers.

It's like MMA but amature and more chaotic.

I'm pretty sure this is how professional football got its start.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Namtab posted:

I enjoyed the unironic use of the phrase "street drugs"

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
UKMT February 2016 - UKMT is a form of self-harm

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
forum of self harm Shirley

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Extreme0 posted:

But I found something that works and I rather keep it that way. Even if I went to the GP, I will probably keep doing it anyway. I have Grip strengthers and stress balls and they only work a little bit, but not enough. I've listened to calming music and ambient tracks that I use to relax but again it dosen't work at that moment.

I tried doing without it and during a martial arts class I punched a brickwall through sheer frustration instead.

I would still professionally recommend seeing your GP all the same, because it might help you. If you frequently feel frustrated and angry to the point of using self harm as a coping mechanism then there may be an underlying issue they may be able to support you with.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Extreme0 posted:

That level of anger is not normal and you could have a severe chemical imbalance in your head which could be treated. Go to your GP.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mean if nowt else either you have an incredibly annoying life, or it might be something you could get help with being less angry in the first place. Coping mechanisms are good but it's bloody tiring being pissed all the time.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I rarely get angry.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
the tranquil troll

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I have oceans of patience.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

JFairfax posted:

forum of self harm

Somebody please post the needful OP tia.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

That level of anger is not normal and you could have a severe chemical imbalance in your head which could be treated. Go to your GP.

I'm already on sertraline, Melatonin, hydroxychloroquine and recently got off steroids.

I'm trying to reduce my daily intake, not increase it.

Pissflaps posted:

Stop hogging all the oceans.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Extreme0 posted:

You're possibly a bit fed up of hearing it, but Namtab is right about this. Seeing a GP would, at the least, mean putting some anxieties and frustrations into words (which I find can be helpful by itself) and getting an outsider perspective, and even if you don't find it that useful you'll still be able to use your current method, so there's nothing to be lost.

Pissflaps posted:

Salty and inhospitable?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

At this point I'll respect your right to make unwise choices rather than being part of the well meme.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Bountiful and untamed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

big scary monsters posted:

Somebody please post the needful OP tia.
Here you go: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3762787

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dessicated and as greatly removed from any human ideas as the lunar seas.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

:tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

OwlFancier posted:

Dessicated and as greatly removed from any human ideas as the lunar seas.
wow thats a very rude way to talk about februarys op, I'm sure he tried his best

• Locked thread