Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Shame about the Empire.

Ah well, maybe it'll be back next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

*open scene: 2020 election campaign*

Some [insert representative]: "You can't trust Jeremy Corbyn! He reshuffled his shadow cabinet in 2016!"

*end scene*

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

In other news, I see that Jeremy Corbyn's second strongest defender in the media (after Owen Jones) has been at it again. Peter Hitchens ladies & gentlemen! Oh, alright, it's got it's nutty moments, like when he insists that Blairism is PURE Marxism of a pre-Lenin variety because they are "fanatical egalitarians" (WHAT?) but the basic idea on the reshuffle media farce is worth reading.

Hitchens side-along... Well, I'm not sure 'support' is the word, but affectations towards Corbyn is still one of the more surreal parts of it all.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

The problem with the BBC's corporate culture is that the BBC has a corporate culture.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Playing catch up from pages back, but

Oberleutnant posted:

"CATCH UP YOU SCROUNGING oval office".

Is one of most :britain: things I've seen in ages.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Checks out.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Not the hero we need, but truly the hero we deserve.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I don't know what Death has against thespians right now, but Brian Bedford also died yesterday.

I hope Brian Blessed is ok. :ohdear:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

UKMT is really good at 8 page arguments about semantics on topics that don't actually matter.

:britain:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Rather than making this thread be about me

That would be a nice change.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Just finished watching Charlie Brooker's 2015 wipe; the Barry Shitpeas and Philomena Chunk characters are some Uncanny Valley poo poo.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

tekz posted:

Expected the same thread that gleefully jumped on unfounded rumours about the PM to defend St. Corbyn's degeneracies. Not disappointed. :D

Go eat some more paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Geez, even the degerate Australians managed to cobble together a February thread.

• Locked thread