Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I think that CLPs should have the power to select candidates. The party leader parachuting preferred non-local candidates into safe seats is bad no matter the ideology of the candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Extreme0 posted:

Then again, I'm someone that wants consentual adult incest (without procreation) to be decriminalised because I think it's a victimless crime. So maybe I'm just really more progressive and thick-skinned then most people.l

Incest is far from a victimless and is nearly always an indicator of childhood abuse. There are already some safeguards in incest law for adults who don't know they're related.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

What I talked about re: incest applies to siblings too. There will be an imbalance of power between siblings in nearly all situations - the older sibling manipulating or taking advantage of the younger.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I'm specifically referring to adults who are continuing activity started at a younger age.

E: calling pissflaps an incestous pedo is rather rude imo

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

There's a power imbalance in almost all relationships. What's the best way to minimize this or prevent it becoming abusive?

This comes from the same place as raising the age of consent for people in positions of authority, such as in teacher/student relationships.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Extreme0 posted:

That's unfortunately the problem I have with myself over this because even if I want too relax the law a bit, I know that it will be swampt by abusive ones even more and that honestly just makes me feel angry because the other problem is how I fear that the good people I know may get punished for it aswell.

In most cases, Incest isn't a victimless crime unless there is a case like for example which involves the people I know. They may be good people but they will still get punished for it which kind of makes annoyed.

Also I am ok with cannablism so as long as I get to eat horrible people. I will be the man who swings justice and eat you for your sins.

Tell your friend to stop loving his sister, tia

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

OwlFancier, arguing that having children is immoral is a bit weird

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I didn't say the argument is invalid

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

go gently caress yourself

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

If you said that Earth hadn't cleared its neighbourhood enough to be a planet then Uranus, Neptune, Mercury and Mars wouldn't be planets either: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clearing_the_neighbourhood

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

Well, it seems that we were both wrong.

Both proceedings for civil weddings and civil partnerships must ensure that the proceedings:

Glad we could get that tangent over with, because I'm sure that it's not the main reason that mixed-sex couples would prefer the option of civil partnership anyway, that being the historical baggage and trappings associated with the word 'marriage'.
If a couple views marriage as a sexist patriarchal institution, why should they be forced to choose between that and many of their rights as a couple when there is an alternative that involves amending one (discriminatory) line out of established legislation?

This is only for civil weddings, i.e. non-belief weddings.

e: I'm personally of the belief that we should just scrap civil partnership. It's utterly pointless.

cargohills fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 29, 2016

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I can't say I much care about folk music but Coohoolin is absolutely fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Coohoolin posted:

Yeah that's not true. I had some poo poo beliefs as a teenager living in a pretty loving racist country, that's about it. Don't call me a loving "white supremacist" you dick.

Can we be enlightened on your poo poo teenage beliefs? Thanks.

• Locked thread